Monday 16 June 2014

What are YOU reading? #222




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Read 
These are longer than normal for this meme reviews because I had technical issues, lost the review data on my tablet & don't have the time to re-write them. 



Bedtime, Little Bear by John Lancer & Rebecca Payne
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Absolutely adorable bed time read with a mischievous bear who ignores his mother's calls to come home. He has fun, then it gets dark and scary but he does make it home safely!) 





Watch Out For The Bears! by Gillian Rogerson
Children's, 7 years +
8/10E
(A cute tale about bears who mess with the weather that a boy has to keep locked up in sheds. Considering the age group it was odd that there wasn't a single illustration, not even at the start/end of the chapter, and sometimes the story flow could have been smoother. Great ideas though!) 





Princess Strories by Igloo Books
Children's, 5 years +
10/10E
(Seriously cute illustrations. Shows both positive and negative character traits: there's a greedy princess, a princess with bunny slippers, a princess with a naughty dragon and then a real bunny, an attention seeking princess who is inventive, a craft loving princess, a hiccuping princess, a princess who has lots of mishaps, and a princess attending a pet show with her pony. Some of the princesses have 2+ of what I've just described ^o^)





 Yule Be The Death of Me by J D Shaw
Cosy Mystery
7/10E
(It was so scary that I had to stop reading part way - it was way scarier than the first book which I thoroughly enjoyed of this new to me genre. *shivers* Brilliant book, just not for me...)









Watched


Holby City
Drama, English version
9/10E
(A pretty entertaining episode, sweet in places, hard to watch in others...)





Casualty
Drama, English version
5/10E
(I'm really not being gripped by the storylines at all these days...) 





Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Being able to watch the characters I see briefly in the game is so much fun! I'm used to characters keeping a few styles of hair for the series - Blythe seems to change hers every episode!) 





My Little Pony: Equestria Girls
REWATCH! - Animated movie, English version
10E/10E
(Having the songs to this movie feature in the game made me want to see it asap! It didn't disappoint and was more fun than ever!)





Aikatsu
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Nearly at new to me episodes! So excited I have to be careful what time of day/what mood I'm in when  I watch this.)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This year it's the favourite show I'll be diving straight into once Ramadan is over - it's so much fun!)  





AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(*happy sigh* I know this well, not quite word for word but definitely scene for scene...) 










Listened
Haven't actually finished anything this week! 







Games, Craft & other Stuff
Here's progress on the blanket for my friend - it's almost finished! 



Two flavour fudge - I bought more toppings for the next batch in around 5 weeks or so, depending when I have my next ketamine dose. 





Ice Age Village by Gameloft
Strategy, 10E/10E
... is still one of my favourites. I think it's clever that they've incorporated the world cup into the game, with new decorations/scenary, the trees having football patterned fruit, that kind of thing. 







Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
Strategy, 10E/10E
 I still try to go on this twice a day so that I can maximise the amount of kibble I earn. I'm also still saving up for a superduper playhouse, and still slowly collecting enough bling to get a new bunny as a pet. 




My Little Pony by Gameloft
Strategy, 10E/10E
I'm now totally into this, getting more ponies to work in the shops so I can get higher priced shops/facilities/ponies. Having a total blast with my friend playing it, although I get quite competitive in trying to match her high score for the Equestria Girls dancing mini-games and the mine adventure, but I rarely beat her. Makes me laugh how the ponies are saying I need to get Applejack, and to do certain quests to get her...when I've already got her without doing those specific tasks! Love little glitches like that. 






Gardens Inc From Rakes To Riches by Intenium
Managemenet game, 10E/10E
I actually mananaged to finish within the ideal time limit, which has never happened before! 





Gardening Mama #1
Nintendo DS, 9/10E
...is a super cute gardening game, with lots of actions to learn but you can practice a task as many times as you like before you do it. Some I didn't have a clue what to do as the instructions aren't always clear (or I don't always remember that the dual screen means I need to look at the both screens to figure out what's going on). It's definitely a direct translation from Japanese - it's a Japanese person saying the phrases are a bit odd compared to the text but that made me laugh. It's a positive game full of encouragement even if you saturate the plants with the water. 


No comments: