Monday 11 March 2013

What are YOU reading? #157


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Read



Night School: Legacy by C J Daugherty
Young Adult
(Until about half way the book was awesome, then it went in an unexpected direction which didn't always make sense...)
6/10



East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Jackie Morris
Children's, 11 years +
(I don't understand the ending, but I think that is the point of the tale; that it makes the reader think...)
10/10



Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Young Adult
(Highly engaging, with heaps of intrigue, although in places a bit weird for me...)
9/10



Princess Ponies: A Magical Friend by Chloe Ryder
Children's, 7 years +
(Pony magic is everywhere Pippa looks in this fun, new series!)
10/10



Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J Bick
 Young Adult
(At times a little confusing, as I don't find it easy to read between the lines, intense and horrifyingly good...)
9/10






Reread


Someday's Dreamers #1 by Norie Yamada & Kumichi Yoshizuki
Manga, Young Adult
(Prefer the anime, suspect the English translation has changed some of the nuances...check out my full review HERE...) 
5/10



(Finished the last fifth of) New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
Young Adult
(My least favourite Twilight book, the film is better, but I still enjoyed reading it again!)
8/10



School Friends: Party At Silver Spires by Ann Bryant
Children's, 9 years +
(It's misunderstandings all around on the first few weeks at this boarding school.  My full review....)
10/10






Watched 



Mangirl
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
These 10-15 minute episodes of life for manga publishers are hilarious; always making me smile!




Amnesia
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
Yup, this gets the new special rating. It's torture having to wait a whole 7 days for a new episode. I want to see them all now! 




Shugo Chara!
REWATCH! - Anime,  Japanese version
10/10 E
Lots of appearances from the enemy Utau with her charas Eru and Iru, the new Queen's Chair Rima is slowly liking Amu and will soon reveal what her inner personality is like. 




My Little Pony (newest version)
Anime, English version
10/10
I know I'll be watching this cute show with important life messages over & over. 




Bamboo Blade
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
I love how Miya Miya who is sweet and girly has a dark side when anyone threatens those she cares for... 




Winx: Season 3
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10 E
Stella's just got her Enchantix - yes I'm still loving her the most! The action is getting faster as more of the Winx get the Enchantix transformation at a cost. 




Winx: Season 5
Anime, English version
10/10 E
In the latest episode (yes I hate waiting to see these too! Agony & I'm buying the English dvds first so I have them. Will be ages before the French ones appear...) Finally we meet Stella's mother! She is pretty much what I expected her to be. *happy sigh* 




Hanasaku Iroha
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
 I love the girl who keeps yelling "DIE!" at the main character (they do become friend...eventually!)...




Chocolat et Vanilla (Sugar Sugar Rune)
Anime, French version
9/10
I'm getting quite fond of the girls - Chocolat is my favourite, especially with her magical frog!




Cardcaptor Sakura: Season 1
Anime, French verison
10/10
As a girl who adores costumes, I love how Sakura's friend Tomoya/Tiffany (Japanese/French versions respectively) creates so many for Sakura to wear... 




Angel's Friends
Anime, English version
9/10
At last Raf is officially told to keep away from Sulfus by her teachers. Raf is struggle by having her very own guardian angel watching her 24/7 to ensure they don't see each other. 







Other things
Craft - you can see the outline of Pooh bear clearly now. I hope to finish him soon!  Stay tuned for pictures....



No comments: