Monday 7 May 2012

What are you reading? #114

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've read this week

 
 
 
Gym Stars: Summertime and Somersaults by Jane Lawes
Children's, 9 years plus
(Whatever your talent, Tara's gynastic training is a sweet and inspiring read...all the best things happen with a lot of hard work!  My review...)
10/10



 



Penny Dreadful Causes a Kerfuffle by Joanna Nadin
Children's, 7 years +
(Penny is a hilarious walking disaster, but it really isn't always her fault!  My review...)
9/10









The Seamstress by Maria Duenas
Historical
Release Date:  3rd May 2012
(There's metres and metres of both fabric and intrigue which kept me hooked in this extremely readable book.  My review....)
9/10



 
 
 
 
 
 

Contagion by Graylin Fox
Fantasy
(A dystopian themed story full of thrills and an ending crammed with hope sees Tessa discover a whole load about herself and the new strange world she lives in.)
9/10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Books I'm Re-reading
 
 
 

Drina Dances in Italy by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
(I'm in part two where Drina goes to meet her Italian family - little does she know that she'll get to dance with the Dominique too!!!)
10/10







The Demon Trappers #1: Forsaken by Jana Oliver
 Young Adult
(Reading it the second time through is a real treat - I'm even more upset for Riley with all that happens as she fights demons, but I feel more connected through her hot chocolate love!!)
10/10



 
 
 
 

Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin
Urban Fantasy
(It turns out I haven't reviewed this one (I've reviewed book #2!), so I will review it but it is a reread. Got to love the danger Raine gets in!) 
9/10
 
 
 
 



No comments: