Wednesday 1 June 2016

Love Song by Sophia Bennet, (Young Adult, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

My review copy didn't have the snazzy cover!
 April 2016, Chicken House, 384 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Content: some adult situations, alcohol, possible occassional bad language, teen romance, (poor memory and my ability to filter out what I don't like makes me unsure of the amount of language),

Summary from Chicken House
A million girls would kill for the chance to meet The Point, but Nina’s not one of them.

 She’s the new assistant to the lead singer’s diva fiancée, and she knows it’s going to suck. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn’t as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina’s determined to stick it out – and not fall for any of them …

Nayu's thoughts 
Even though the only music I like is anime music, and I'm not that fussed about romance, I loved Sophia's latest book! I've read all the Threads series, have reread The Look by having it in audiobook form, and just like all of those Love Song made me cry at the end. I love Nina and her family. I love how normal they are, how they have been touched by tragedy but muddle on with life. I love Nina's mum for having an adventurous side, I love how her younger siblings help her deal witht the crazed world of rock stars. I adore Ariel's innocence, and while I'd prefer a different source for Ariel's passions I love how she fully embraces what she loves, and how optimiatic she is. It was heartbreaking seeing her idyllic view on the world squashed. 

What Nina goes through is insanely captivating, no matter how badly she got treated I admired her guts for knowing when enough was enough, especially when she made the wrong choice because she stands little nonsense when she doesn't have to. She isn't a crazy fangirl, she becomes a confident to the band, anbe to get throgh to them in ways their manager couldn't. All that happens is a huge experience, one she draws on for her art despite a bit of heartache, which is worth it in the end. 

I enjoyed seeing behind the scenes for artists these days, including a certain bizarre diva who are selfish and self-centred. I desperately hope Nina will get to be with Orli a lot in the future because she is heaps of fun, and the end was sort of unexpected for me. I hope for a happy one and got it. It's all the power emotions that Nina experiences before she gets that Happy Ever After, including her down to earth attitude which has me eager to reread her tale. Dreams can happen in unexpected ways! 

Find out more on Sophia's website.

No comments: