Tuesday 13 May 2014

Hello Kitty Busy Day - My First Sticker Book (Children's, Activity book, 3 years +, 10/10E)

January 2014, Ladybird, 16 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Themes: daily routine, hobbies,
 
Content: Heaps of fun and cuteness!

Summary from Puffin

Come and explore the magical world of Hello Kitty!

Help Hello Kitty find all the things she needs for a very busy day in this charming first sticker book! Little ones will love completing colourful scenes with the special big stickers.


Nayuleska's thoughts
This isn't my first sticker book, but regardless of the number it's awesome! I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan, so I immediately had a positive bias to this book. I wasn't sure what I expected, but I'm impressed with this book. Every page sees Hello Kitty doing something which will be part of the reader's daily routine. The reader is asked to find specific stickers to 'help' Hello Kitty out. There's also usually a comment or question posed to the reader too, eg "Do you have a teddy too?" Yes I have loads!

I'm going to go through the topics for each page and say what my favourite part was.

Good Morning! (Getting up) - the white bunny slippers stole my heart, and it would have been nicer to have a more opaque dress sticker so Hello Kitty's underwear didn't show through..his did prevent the book getting 10E grade.

Time For Breakfast! - nom, nom! I could taste the strawberry jam on the toast.

In the Garden - being outdoors is  a great activity to do- I liked Moley popping up to say hello.

Playtime! [Music practice] - Imlike the bright bold musical notes in the air.

A teatime treat [baking] - Hello Kitty bakes a yummy looking strawberry cake with what looks like fresh cream.

Bathtime - the cute bunny slippers are back! Plus the duck is cute.

Time for Bed - and the cute bunny slippers appear again! I put Hello Kitty's teddy standing on her bed post.

Goodnight, Hello Kitty - she looks sweet snuggled up in bed with her teddy.

Suggested read
For more Hello Kitty fun check out Hello Kitty On Holiday Bumper Sticker Collection (Children's, Activity book, 9/10E)

No comments: