Monday 6 May 2013

What are YOU reading? #165


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


Maisie Hitchins: The Case of the Vanishing Emerald by Holly Webb
Children's, 7 years +
(Maisie gets stuck into theatre life in her 2nd adventure...)
10/10




You Don't Know Me by Sophia Bennett
Young Adult
(There's not a lot worse than dissing your own friend in public and only realising how it appeared to others after you get hate mail...)
10/10




Tulsa and the Frog by Tony Ross
Children's, 5 years +
(Tulsa adores being book characters and hates her pretty name...) 
10/10 E




Algy's Amazing Adventures in the Jungle by Kaye Umansky
Children's, 5 years +
(I love Algy's new friend, Cherry - she's hilarious!) 
10/10




Jump Up and Join In: Elephant's Birthday Bells by Carrie & David Grant
 Children's, 5 years +
(This is a musical book, complete with CD!) 
9/10






Reread


Princess Poppy: The Play by Janey Louise Jones
Children's, Picture book
(Poppy learns a valuable lesson in how to treat others)
10/10






Watched


Yumeiro Patissiere
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(I'm still at the rewatch stage - I always forget just how much fun this tasty anime is - yes I'm always wanting cream cakes when I see it. I don't have them though. *minor sulk*)




Heidi
Anime, French version
10/10 E
(My work colleague is still getting a blow-by-blow account of this cute classic tale - I'm pleased to report Heidi is now happily back with her grandfather, and Clara will be be visiting them in Spring...) 




Yurumates 3 Dei
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(This random, short episode anime always makes me laugh!) 




Chihayafuru
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(It's not one I can watch a lot of in a row, as it is quite emotional for me in places...) 




Sword Art Online
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(I watched the first episode months ago, then stopped. Boy am I glad I restarted - it's AMAZING! So clever, especially if you love gaming [I'm a solo gamer, not online, but the concept is creepy...]!) 




Elemental Gelade
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10 E
(Technically watching it for the first time dubbed, but I love Ren's power & dress more than ever!) 




Rozen Maiden
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10 E
(Again it's the first time I've seen it dubbed, but it's a compromise when I'm tired. I can only watch one episode a day [if that] as deep issues are explored, but the girls are adorable!) 




Spice and Wolf
Anime, English version
10/10 E
(I've finished the first season - Holo rules! I'll have her back soon as my Twitter avatar. I haven't watched the second season at all, so I've no idea what happens. I'm sure I'll need tissues for the last episode...) 




AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(This is an anime which gets better each time I watch it. I try and keep it for the mornings or afternoons - I tend to get too hyper if I watch it at night...) 




Winx: Season 3
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10 E
(My favourite fairy anime - haven't been able to see much more of season 5 online, but I'm not too bothered as it'll be out on DVD eventually. Techna lives now in season 3!) 




Cardcaptor Sakura
Anime, French version
10/10
(I accidentally read a synopsis of what happens next - it's quite tough going so I've avoided this a little. I'll watch it an episode at a time...) 







Craft & hobbies 


I've done a bit more on Roo of my sewing - isn't he cute? 


...BEFORE...




...AFTER!




Check out my Winnie-the-Pooh puzzle - I've sorted the pieces out into different groups. I'm going to tackle the characters this weekend. I promise to take photos and keep you all posted on the progress!








No comments: