Monday 22 April 2013

What are YOU reading? #163


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


The Rabbit's Tale by Lesley Sims & Fred Blunt
Children's, Picture book
(Rabbit learns to appreciate what he has is enough...)
10/10




Lucy Ladybird by Sharon King-Chai
Children's, Picture book
(This bright and cheery read will warm your soul...)
10/10 E




The Academy: Game On by Monica Seles
Young Adult
(An extremely gripping sports boarding school read with unexpected and welcomed plot twists...)
9/10




Living With Mum And Living With Dad by Melanie Walsh
Children's, Picture book
(A touching read about a child living with separated/divorced parents.  My review...)
10/10 E




Rainbow Beauty: Peppermint Kiss by Kelly McKain
Children's, 10 years +
(Abbie's life had me laughing and crying, often at the same time!)
10/10 E




Sticker Dolly Dressing: Parties and Shopping Girls
Children's, 5 years +
(Having heaps of fun picking which clothes to put on the girls in different scenarios...)
9/10




Getting Dressed Sticker Book: Weather and Seasons
Children's, 5 years +
(A really clever idea on showing children what to wear in different types of weather...)
9/10







Reread 



Frankie Foster: Fizzy Pop by Jean Ure
Children's, 9 years +
(Frankie means well, but often when she helps people 'things' happen - such a sweet and funny read...) 
10/10








Watched



Winx: Season 4
Spanish version
10/10
(Even though I don't understand all the words, and they seem to speak fast, it's still awesome!) 




AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(This is one of a few shows that gets better every time I watch it!) 




My Little Pony
Anime, English version, Latest season
10/10 E
(I was disappointed when I watched the final episode. The next season isn't out until May!) 




Care Bears: Adventures in Care-A-Lot
Anime, English version
10/10
(I've started the latest version of this classic show, and it's cute and cuddly, as I expected it to be...) 




Before you read the rest of what I've been watching, I have to point out that I prefer anime in the original language. Predominantly that's Japanese. I watch the French versions because it's less work than Japanese when I'm tired. When I'm super tired now I stick with English. I'm not a lover of dubbed anime. But this week I swallowed my anime pride and watched some in dubbed form, as I really wanted to watch them after emailing a friend. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Some nuances aren't there, as it's aimed at a different market. But it'll do for when I can't watch the Japanese (with subs most of the time, unless I've seen the anime a lot and then it's no subs).





Elemental Gelade
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10 E
(*happy sigh* This is one awesome anime, which reminds me so much of Neo Angelique Abyss!) 




Neo Angelique Abyss
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(I've gotten over the ending, and am once again in love with Angelique's ability to protect people. And her dresses...)




Spice and Wolf
Anime, English version
10/10 E
(I'm watching it...for the first time in English. *gulp* -Nayu,  you can do this.- I miss Holo in Japanese! But she is still very funny in English. Yes I'm weird... ^o^ ) 




The First Grader
Film, English
10/10
(A shocking story about the violence in Kenya - the violence is kept to a minimum, it's mostly a touching tale about an 80+ year old man learning to read with 6 year olds...) 




The Syndicate
Drama, English
8/10
(This was a clever episode, shocking in a lot of places, and I didn't agree with what the characters did, but it was a good show...)




Holby City
Drama, English
10/10
(Nooo! The outcome of Tara's operation was horrible! I've got to put a spoiler in as I've only recently started watching the show again, and Tara was one of my favourite characters. How dare they kill her!) 






Craft
Been a quiet week on the craft front as I've been extra tired so I've rested lots.





2 comments:

Kristen said...

Spice and Wolf is one of the anime/manga I've been meaning to check out. Also, you've read some really cute books I think my girls will like. I will have to add them to my list.

The Monster Report

Nayuleska said...

Oo, you must check it out Kristen! One day I'll check out the manga/novels too. So glad some of my reads are suitable for your girls!