Monday 20 August 2012

What are YOU reading? #129

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.






Books I've read




Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary Mum in Love by Dee Shulman
Children's, 9 years +
(I continually feel sorry for Polly, having to cope with her mother who is rather mental! No wonder she misinterprets so much in life...) 
10/10






First Term at Trebizon by Anne Digby
Children's, 9 years +
(Still a boarding school series favourite after over a decade of first reading it!) 
10/10






Arabesque by Colin Mulhern
Young Adult
Release Date:  September 2012
(Avoid this book if you don't like cliff hanger endings!!)
10/10






The Demon Notebook by Erika McGann
Children's, 10 years +
(No grade as I was too scared to read past page 25 - I don't like Ouiji boards!)









Shows I've watched 
New category, yes...but even though I won't actually be reviewing them per se, I still don't want you to miss out on all the fun!





Tari Tari
Episodes 1-3
Anime, slice of life genre
(A funny and quite sedate anime all about school life. One friend bribes another to do things by paying her with cake!)
10/10






Charlotte aux Fraises: Fraisi Paradis (Series & film)
Cartoon
French version of Strawberry Shortcake
(Super cute with no romance, high emphasis on friendship, good manners and community spirit in a non-preachy way...)
10/10






Missing
US TV drama
Pilot episode
(I've only seen the pilot, but the way the main character [who I'm named after] helps the FBI find missing people through her dreams is awesome!) 
10/10






Horsetland
Anime (English)
(A sweet show about a riding school with valuable life lessons learnt by both the animals [who talk to each other] & the humans!)
10/10






Yumeiro Patissiere
Anime
(Sadly the 3rd season DVD doesn't work! Will put it on my wish list and hopefully get it one day - it's a series that made me want to eat lots of sweet pastries, as Ichigo [which means strawberry] - trains to become a patissiere...)
10/10




No comments: