Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Worst Princess by Anna Kemp and Sara Ogilvie (Children's, Picture Book)


April 26th 2012, Simon and Schuster
32 pages, Hardback
Review copy

Themes: ideal princess, dragon, prince, towers, little birds, gorgeous dresses, expectations, lots of humour.

Summary from Simon and Schuster
Once upon a time, in a tower near you,
Lived a sad princess; the Princess Sue.
"Some day," she sighed, "my prince will come,
But I wish he'd move his royal bum."
 
But when Princess Sue's prince finally does arrive, he's not quite what she had in mind. Find out how the feisty princess escapes the clutches of her twit of a prince in this funny twist on the traditional princess tale.

Nayuleska's thoughts
I love how instead of being badly behaved the princess's actions are seen as bad. I love the style of illustrations, which blur when distance is portrayed. My favourite illustration is when Princess Sue is staring out from her new home - the way she looks out and how the home looks made me smile for some reason. This gets 9/10 from me. 

Suggested readFor otber princesses with a strong mind of their own, try Princesses Are Not Perfect by Kate Lum and Sue Hellard


No comments: