Monday 19 March 2012

What are you reading? #107

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.






Books I've read this week




Swift by R J Anderson
Children's, Fantasy
(This is slightly different to Knife's story - for reasons which get explained. It's still as awesome as ever! Go fairy power!)
10/10







Daughters by Elizabeth Buchan
Fiction
(I chose it because I thought the cover was pretty and the premise intrigued me as I'm a daughter....)
9/10









Young Samurai: The Ring of Wind by Chris Bradford
Children's
(Pirates, ninjas, ships = much fun!)
7/10










The Pack by Jason Starr
Urban Fantasy
Release Date:  26th April 2012
(I read the first sentence and was hooked until past the end....which is a cliff hangerish ending! Evil [read brilliant] author!)
9/10









Books I've Re-read






Gargoylz: Summer Fun by Burchett and Vogler
Children's, 5 years +
(The scenes which are my favourites are still my favourites on the re-read. Will be keeping hold of this book a bit longer... )
10/10








Wuthering Hearts by Kay Woodward
Children's 12 +
(I smiled a lot at the drama in Emily's life - and wanted to hug her when times were tough.)
9/10






Currently re-reading








Eight Keys by Suzanne Lafleur
Children's, 9 years +
(This is even more of a tissue needing book, because I know what happens at the end (well, somewhere in my subconscious. My lousy memory has forgotten quite a bit of it. That doesn't detract from how bitter-sweet it is.)
10/10
 
 















No comments: