Sunday 20 May 2018

The Little Wedding Island by Jaimie Admans (Romance, NetGalley, 10E/10E)

Love this style of cover!
 March 2018, HQ Digital, 384 pages, Ebook, Review copy from NetGalley

Summary from Harper Collins
Bonnie Haskett loves everything about weddings. She loves her job at a national bridal magazine and even has a deposit down on her dream dress. The only problem? She doesn’t have a fianc!

So when Bonnie is sent to Edelweiss Island, known as The Little Wedding Island’, it’s a dream come true. She’s heard the rumours, every wedding that takes place in the tiny chapel ends in a happy-ever-after.

But there’s a catch! Investigating the story, Bonnie needs to pose as a blushing bride and the only man up for posing as her groom is her arch rival (and far too handsome for his own good) journalist Rohan Carter

Nayu's thoughts
While I didn't like the fact that most of the story was based on deception I was curious about how Bonnie got in that position and where it would lead her. Let's just say a few unwise decisions later she is bound for the mysterious island which somehow knows when people are faking being engaged...or does it? 

Every single island character made me smile and made life both more difficult and easier for Bonnie and Rohan's lie. It was funny how when they initially tried to be themselves (journalists) the island literally closed doors in their face, but after a couple of misinterpreted situations they were deemed a couple and the doors to the various businesses needed for a wedding were not only flung open but they were sometimes dragged in. There were some on the island still wary of the lying duo, including the owner of a cute little dog who was sweetly obsessed with Rohan, but most did like them which made the morally wrong part of their scheme feel even worse.

I figured out who Rohan was before Bonnie did, and while I sort of understood her anger towards him I silently urged her to give him a chance because sometimes who people are at work isn't who they are in their personal life. I'm not saying that's a good thing, because later in the story Bonnie encounters a huge misunderstanding because of not communicating with Rohan, but slowly both she and I got to know what Rohan was really like, which like Bonnie was a decent person. The way the genuine love grows between them is sweet and entirely expected for this type of romance. It's on my reread pile, as well as my wish list for there to be a book 2! 

Find out more on  Jaimie's website.

Suggested read
Another feel good tale which has fairy tale elements is a book which I think is The Cosy Teashop In the Castle by Caroline Roberts which I haven't reviewed but I have read. I think this is the tale I'm thinking about...If it is then the romance parts are quite strong.
 

No comments: