Monday 11 December 2017

The Elephant and the Sheep and other stories by Patrica Furstenberg (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)



November 2017, 27 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Book summaries 
The Elephant and the Sheep
When a curious lamb meets a friendly elephant calf he soon discovers the secret behind the elephant's lonely life. sharing means so much more than material things. 
Here's another picture to go awww over!!
The Lion and the Dog
 When a lion is crowned King of a zoo he becomes a secluded beast with no visitors but an observant and determined little brown dog. Learn how optimism and kindness can change even a wild animal into a friend for life.
I love the little crocodile the most, and the way the dog's travels through the day are portrayed.
The Cheetah and the Dog 
When a cheetah cub and a puppy dog bump into each other no one can foresee that their blooming friendship will save many lives, thus becoming the core of an African folktale.
The smiling tree trunk made me laugh!

 
Nayu's thoughts 
I've read some of Patricia's work in the past (see suggested read), which is partially why I said yes to reviewing this trilogy of animal tales. The rest of the reason is because the animals are so cute! I particularly love the elephant and sheep, the way they stand by each other is beyond adorable! So I guess I may be biased because of the illustrations...but they are only half the story. 

The rhyming story is fun to read, teaching readers about the value of friendship, and how people can be helped with their problems, that they don't have to be alone, and can be together no matter what other people think, all good lessons for readers to take away. These books made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and a reminder that despite all  the negative news in the media there is kindness in the world, and sweet events really do happen (even if these are fictional there are many true stories in both human and animal life that are heartwarming). 

Find out more on Patricia's website

Suggested read
Be sure to read Patricia's other work including Joyful Trouble by Patricia Furstenberg (Children's, 9 years +, 10/10E)



2 comments:

Patricia Furstenberg said...

Dear Nayu,
Thank you so much for these beautiful reviews!
I am beyond thrilled to receive a 10E from you! So happy, it feels like Christmas already :)
Wishing you and your loved ones the very best, a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
I am looking forward to working with you again in 2018, and just because I know how much you love cats, I'll make it a Kitty book next time :)
Warm regards,
Patricia Furstenberg

Patricia Furstenberg said...

Dear Nayu, I have re-blogged your beautiful review on my website at http://alluringcreations.co.za/wp/your-reviews/
Thank you so much!
Pat xx