Sunday 11 September 2016

Dreaming About Daran by Jessica Redland (Romance, 10/10E)

Love the silhouette style covers!
August 2016, So Vain Books, 392 pages, Ebook, Review copy
  
Content: some fairly detailed adult romance, domestic abuse, some humour, tissues needed

Summary from So Vain Books
Sometimes, you can run from the past, but you can’t hide. Since the age of sixteen, Clare O’Connell has lived her life by four strict rules: 

1. Don’t talk about Ireland 
2. Don’t think about Ireland
3. Don’t go to Ireland
4. Never let anyone in

And so far, it’s worked well. She’s got a great career, some amazing friends, and she’s really happy. The future’s all that counts, isn’t it?

However, when her boss insists she travels to Ireland to repair a damaged relationship with a key client, Clare finds herself drawn back to the small village of Ballykielty where she comes face to face with the one person she’d hoped never, ever to see again.

With the door to her past now wide open, the first three rules have gone out of the window. Can Clare stick to rule number four?

Nayu's thoughts
A fun, drama filled romance by an author I enjoy a lot! I tweeted while reading it because I was having so much fun. It's a pleasure to explore characters I knew from previous books, getting to know and understand their motivation for how they act. Even though it was obvious one character was a bad egg, it took Clare a long time to realise that. I loved how her past hid something which was trying to surface in her thoughts, but her mind blocked it until near the end. I had half-guessed what her body was trying to forget, thankfully it wasn't quite as horrific as I thought, well, it still was appalling but the person involved wasn't who I expected. 

I loved how Clare's family rallied round after that-I know it's a good read when I'm crying so much I can barely see the words, not all her family are kind, she experiences a lot of hatred but the ones who care matter. She has made a life for herself and is building a positive future. I cried when she and her friends finally aired their grievances which separated them when they needed each other the most.

I smiled as friendships grew, especiall the new people in Clare's life. I'm eager for another book which I hope focuses on Clare's sister whose name I've forgotten who has a huge journey of recovery ahead of her thanks to Clare helping free her from a horrendous life. I'm looking forward to rereading all 3 books in the series so far in one go! (I'm a certified fangirl!)

Find out more on Jessica's website 

Suggested read

1 comment:

Jessica Redland said...

Hi Nayu
Thank you soooo much for the amazing review of my third book. I was absolutely thrilled to hear you call yourself a fangirl. I feel like a real author now! You've made my day/week/month. And you've also got me wondering about Clare's sister. I hadn't planned on a book about Nia but maybe .... Watch this space.
Thanks again!
Jessica xx