Monday 13 April 2015

What are YOU reading? #264


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Read



A Seaside Affair by Fern Britton
Fiction
4/10E
(Due to how the story unfolded I didn't finish this. I'll explain why in my review...)







The Great Cheese Robbery by Tim Warnes
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A tale of bravery and a symbol of what mothers and fathers are good at!)







Mummy's Home by Christopher MacGregor and Emma Yarlett
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A tissue needing read about what happens when a mother works away from home for a while...)



A Monster's Moved In by Timothy Knapman and Loretta Schauer
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
 (An amusing read encouraging reading and pretend play...)



Princess Poppy: Storytelling Princess by Janey Louise Jones
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Poppy gets a bit carried away during reading week...)




Alfie in the Bath by Debi Gliori
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(Another tale from a super cute bunny!)




Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella
Contemporary fiction
9/10E
(An absolutely mental gripping read-now I want to read all the Shopaholic books!)



Animal Rescue: Charlie by Tina Nolan
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(A cute start to a new to me series that was around when I was growing up!)



Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
Young Adult
10/10E
(Highly rereadable awesome tale about the daughter of an American motorcycle gang!)








Watched




Fairytale The Tale of the Seven Dwarves
Animated film, English version
6/10E
(Without a heroine for most of the story I got bored.)



Aikatsu: Season 2
REWATCH! - Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Even though I knew there are many more episodes after the girls graduate in episode 75/6, I too cried along with Ran, Ichigo, Aoi and the others at Sakura's moving speech...)


Maria Watches Over Us: Season 1
REWATCH! - School Drama Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Each time I watch this I understand it a bit more. Yumi has accepted Sachiko's rosary now!)





PriPara
REWATCH! - Music Idol Anime. Japanese version
10E/10E
(I'm happy now Sophie is in a team with Lalaand Mireille ^o^)






Once Upon A Time
REWATCH! - Fantasy drama, English version
10/10E
(Loving this fun series more on this rewatch!)





Spice and Wolf
REWATCH! - Slice of life Anime, English version
10E/10E
(It was ironic that I saw the episode where Holo was ill & extremely grumpy about not being able to do much right when I was super tired and not able to do anything except watch shows...)





Gunslinger Girl
REWATCH! - Assassin Anime, English version
10E/10E
(A quiet episode because one of the girls and her handler (they are cyborgs...) got killed, so the others are being sent away/monitored. Triela got a lot of screen time – I love how many teddy bears she has in her room!)






My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic:  Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Got more Cutie Mark Crusaders screen time – although the 3 fillies did approach a situation in not entirely the best way.)












Games, Craft and More
Games I've only played on the 10E/10E...




...Gameloft My Little Pony and Ice Age Village, which has been mostly leveling up although I did get the wombat for IAV. Oh, also been playing on Winx School but haven't got significantly further on that. 




Craft wise I've been busy with crochet – made these gorgeous 100% cotton dishcloths! There is a 5th which I found after I took the photo, they are now for sale on my Etsy store!




I'm working hard on my competition prototype (emoticon blanket) – here's my progress so far! By the time you read this I hope to have finished it & be starting on the actual competition piece.




Sewing wise I haven't done a lot – did some more of the lettering, although somehow ran out of thread so will wait until I've finished it then get in touch with the company and see if they can send me some more. I also did the little heart beneath the word 'family'. Not sure if I did any more than that. Hope to do a bit more on Wednesday, although naturally all effort is going into getting my competition piece ready. I think it might have to be smaller than planned just so I can finish it by the start of May.






No comments: