Monday 13 April 2015

A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde (fiction, romance, shop fiction 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 February 2015, Random House, 464 pages, Ebook, Review copy

Content: I think there was some swearing, adult romance, humour

Summary from Ebooks by Sainsbury's (who provided this copy for review) 
In a small Cotswold country town, Beth, Lindy and Rachel are looking for new beginnings. So they set up in business, organising stylish and perfectly affordable vintage weddings. Soon they are busy arranging other people's Big Days. What none of them know is that their own romances lie waiting, just around the corner ...

Nayu's thoughts 
This is one of those books which I knew I'd enjoy and was a fairly light hearted read just by looking at the cover. I hadn't heard of Katie before, or read any of her books, but I'll keep an eye out for them and recommend them to friends. No doubt because I'm in the process of setting up my own crochet business (find out more on my Nayu's Crochet Dreams blog) the idea of three women who are at first strangers setting up a wedding business while dealing with their own issues appealed to me. 

At first glance the women are significantly different in character, and it takes each of them courage, a leap of faith, and the desire to improve their own lives and others which makes them friends. Alongside raising money to do up the village hall and cater for weddings, the trio experience all aspects of love, learn to let go, find support for OCD tendencies, and have some fun at the same time. I'd love to have a sequel!

No comments: