Monday 23 February 2015

What are YOU reading? #257





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


Perry Angel's Suitcase by Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A new member of the Silk family arrives, only he thinks he won't be wanted...)





All The Colours of Paradise by Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Time to learn more about Perry, why he has 2 days of homeschool each week and why his mother is a secret.)





Glee Club by Jo Cotteril
Children's, 11 years +, Dyslexia friendly
9/10E
(Misunderstandings are central to this drama group story...)





Plum Pudding and Paper Moons by Glenda Millard
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Scarlett's wishes were so like my own at her age!)





The Tender Moments of Saffron Silk by Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Technically a reread as I read this first and the other 5 books after, but reread and understood it all better. It's as heartwarming as the rest!)





Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(Awesome new boarding school murder mystery, hilarious and gripping!)





Arsenic For Tea by Robin Stevens
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Book 2 is just as intense as Murder Most Unladylike, loved even more because I already knew and loved the main characters!)









STILL READING


The Dream Snatcher by Abi Elphinstone
Children's, 9 years +
(This is taking an age to read because it is petrifying! Can only read in small doses...)









LISTENED


Falling To Pieces by Vanetta Chapman
Cozy
10E/10E
(I'm wondering who the killer is and when the Amish Elders may allow the selling of quilts online...)









WATCHED


Negima
School and Magic anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(Been ages since I watched this show! Minus a few mature parts, its awesome!)





Outnumbered
Family drama, English version
9/10E
(All about being truthful...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic:  Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Fluttershy becomes a vampire bat! At least now I know why they are in the game...)





Shugo Chara
Magical girl anime, Japanese version
9/10E
(Seeing the 1st of a 2 part episode is frustrating when you can't watch them 1 after the other!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I love the Budokan episode because the girls really connect with the audience during the power cut.)





AKB0048
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(It's funny how long it takes the students to realise variety shows are another way of reaching out to fans who live where entertainment is restricted...)





Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(Connie was on the warpath, and Dylan made a return!)





Call the Midwife
Drama, English version
9/10E
(It's great to have Cynthia back, although now that she is a trainee nun, her name is Mary-Cynthia.)





Aikatsu:  Season 1
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(It's funny seeing Ran not yet friends with Ichigo and Aoi before episode 5...)





Strawberry Shortcake:  Season 3
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
9/10E
(I think it might take several more rewatching the entire season before I get used to having a boy, Huckleberry feature in what was an all girl anime [minus the berrykins and other animal characters].)










CRAFT, GAMES & MORE
I've been having fun experimenting for a new line coming soon to Nayu's Crochet Dreams...pet blankets! Stay tuned to check out a cute paw print I've managed to incorporate into the design ^o^

I've also finished this Desert Dewdrop Dream, which will be added soon to the Nayu's Crochet Dream Shop...



I haven't done any cross stitch which I can show you, sorry!, but i have been playing hard on my usual 3 Gameloft games 10E/10E favourites.  In My Little Pony I'm saving up for a new shop – maybe the restaurant....


In Ice Age Village I seriously need to reorganise it as stuff is everywhere, especially my latest purchase of lotus flowers...



And finally in Littlest Pet Shop I've maxed out my canary collection!







No comments: