Sunday 22 February 2015

The Snowman and The Snowdog by Raymond Briggs (Children's, Picture book, Finger puppet book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

September 2014, Puffin, 12 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Summary from Puffin
A boy built a Snowdog, and the Snowdog came to life! Wiggle your finger to play with Billy and his friends in this adorable and playful finger-puppet book.

Nayu's thoughts 
I can just about get away with reviewing this sweet boardbook in February since we do tend to have snow around this time of year. Even as a child I thought The Snowman a bit of an odd story, and one which I wavered between thinking was sweet & magical or just a tiny bit creepy. There's nothing unpleasant about this adorable read! 

The Snowdog is cute – who can resist his socks for ears? I didn't have an audience to read to, but giggled away as I poked my finger through the soft finger puppet & read the story to myself. It's a tale which will appeal to readers of all ages, and no doubt will be a repeated request at bedtime for younger ones. Now if only there could be a The Snowcat book...




No comments: