Monday 19 January 2015

What are YOU reading? #252




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Me & Mr J by Rachel McIntyre
Young Adult, ARC
10E/10E
(An insightful read about a mid-teen falling in love with her teacher, who also endures family break up, financial difficulties, physical/verbal/emotional abuse from her peers. Sounds grim but there is hope, even when Lara can't see it.) 




No Life But this by Anna Sheehan
Young Adult, Science Fiction
8/10E
(A book whose rating I wavered on a lot, for reasons which I will share in the review soon. It's loosely based on the Sleeping Beauty tale. My assumption it was from Rose's view was wrong, but I will still reread it in the future.)




Dangerous by Tim Warnes
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(How would you describe a crocodile? Mole comes up with a lot of words, but only one matters!)




No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones
Young adult
7/10E
(A book not to be read when tired or full of brain fog-certainly not when suffering from both! Time travel twister alert!)









Listened
I've dipped in & out of many other audiobooks as and when my mood changed, but this one I completed...


Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements
(RE-LISTEN!) Fiction, Food Fiction
10E/10E
(Two sisters take on their grandmother's business after she dies, learning a lot about themselves as well as ice cream along the way.) 









Watched

Outnumbered: Season 3
Comedy drama, English version
10E/10E
(This slice of life family show is a clean comedy...) 




Avatar The Last Airbender: Season 3
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I love Katara in her fire nation costume!) 




Holby City & Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(Having my 5 weekly pain meds this weekend has zapped my brain on what happened, but I know I enjoyed some of both shows!) 




Frozen
Animated film, English version
10E/10E
(Ignoring Olaf who I dislike, Frozen is a wonderful tale of two sisters. This time watching it I think Elsa's conflict/magical repression could hint at mental health issues...) 




Prison Break
Drama, English version
9/10E
(This week a colleague pointed out how I prefer cute things, & yet can withstand some horrific violence in shows like PB. I pointed out that I crochet/sew while watching it so I can avoid the horrendous parts. I love all the scheming, and life inside prison. Not as keen on the parts outside prison, but still a great season. What? I'm a writer, and one of my future projects will hopefully involve a character in prison! This is research!!!) 




Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Blythe and the pets continue to have fun adventures together, both in and out of the shop!) 




My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Watching Twilight master flying is heartwarming. & for once I wasn't terrified by the two part opening episodes! I do now see the reason behind the android game's latest update which included an Everfree Forest quest & lots of vines – looking forward to future updates! 




Winx: Season 6
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(The girls have Mythix!!! That's pretty much all I'm focusing on at the moment ^o^) 




Just Add Magic
Children's drama, English version
9/10E
(Despite the title being extremely similar to the mermaid drama H20 Just Add Water, & there only being 1 episode of this Amazon Prime original drama, it is a fun watch with lots of drama – the magic isn't too dark either, & it involves baking!)




Gwendoline
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(This 1980's anime is captivating, with lots of character growth, conflict, and super cute moments.) 




Cynthia et la Rhythm De Vie
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(I've only just started this gymnastics themed anime, and already I like Cynthia's sense of humour!)










Craft
Made progress on this cute cross stitch bookmark which will be for me!  



Also making progress on another blanket for Nayu's Crochet Dreams which reminds me of Aikatsu a lot thanks to the colouring.




Got several top secret projects which I won't be able to reveal until the end of this year – they are presents which I'm working on when I can. I promise they are very pretty & fun to make.




Gaming has been the usual top class games from Gameloft – I do play on them daily! 




Ice Age Village, My Little Pony for Android, Littlest Pet Shop for Android



No comments: