Monday 1 December 2014

What are YOU reading? #246




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



READ


No Stone Unturned by Helen Watts
Children's, 11 years +
8/10E
(A history project gives Traveler girl Kelly a bit more than she bargains for...)





Good Dog Lion by Alexander McCall Smith
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(A boy gets a dog despite being poor, and the dog is a hero!)





Skullduggery by Tony Robinson
Children’s, 5 years +
8/10E
(Not quite the pirate read that I expected, but still enjoyable!)





My Life As A Goldfish and other Poem by Rachel Rooney
Children’s, Poetry
6/10E
(I only liked a few of the poems...) 








LISTENED


Invisible Girl by Kate Maryon
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(It took me until over half way through to realise that I'd actually read this book before! I love it even more in the audio format – check out my review to the book here. My memory, thanks to medication, is pretty bad, so it's not surprising I forgot I'd read it when I can forget daily things on a regular basis...)










WATCHED


Casualty
Medical Drama, English version
8/10E
(Again I can't remember what happened this week!)





Holby City
Medical Drama, English version
9/10E
(Zosia is not at all cured from her mental illness, much to her father's disappointment when she goes crazy in his operating theatre...)





Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(I've finished season 1! Fast forwarding the parts I'm not keen on made so much difference to my enjoyment ^o^. Roll on season 2!)





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Watching without subs this time round doesn't bother me, it means I can watch it when super tired as I already know the story so can just enjoy it, even if I miss some of the more detailed speeches which are uplifting when translated.)





My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I love this more and more as I keep playing the game...)





Aikatsu
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Still adoring season 3 with Akari and Sumire!)





Prison Break
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
10E/10E
(Watched a little bit, not heaps, of this continually intriguing drama...)









Games, craft and more!
I'm writing this up late – I've been playing the usual 10E/10E Gameloft games of....




...My Little Pony, Ice Age Village, and Littlest Pet Shop, leveling up slowly but surely in all of them.



I have played a bit more of Playfirst's Diner Dash Deluxe for android, which has been grabbing my interest lately. Although I have to be relatively awake to play otherwise I don't do so well in the levels!)



Craft wise I've sort of finished this....



...for someone in my family. I say sort of finished because it's big enough for a lap blanket, but if I finish the other two blankets I'm working on then I'll make this one bigger.



Blanket 2 is looking like this.



It's for a girl. I needed to buy more yarn, and was worried because on the screen the colours weren't pinky purply, but red and blue. Thankfully when they arrived the post it was the same yarn here! Phew.



I've done a little on this 3rd blanket.



...it's for a boy who loves red. I've included the blue for variety – I think it looks quite smart!



Sewing wise I honestly can't remember what I've done, but here's the latest pictures for my two sewing projects....






No comments: