Monday 27 October 2014

What are YOU reading? #241






What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


Peppa Goes Ice Skating
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(Peppa is a bit over confident when she skates for the first time...)





Cinderella's Big Day by Katie Cotton and Sheena Dempsey
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10/10E
(Cinderella's wedding day is in jeopardy!)





The Rising by Tom Moorhouse
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Book 2 in the water vole series sees much danger, some reunion, and a bit of understanding...)





The Snowman and The Snowdog
Children's, Picture book, Finger puppet book
10E/10E
(He is so soft to touch as well as adorable!)





Keep Running, Gingerbread Man! By Steve Smallman and Neil Price
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Fitness is cleverly snuck into this version of the traditional fairytale...)





Give Us A Smile Cinderella by Steve Smallman and Marein Piwowarski
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A brilliant take on a classic fairytale...)





The Saddle Club: Horse Crazy by Bonnie Bryant
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(The first in a fun horse themed series!)





Misty Falls by Joss Stirling
Young Adult
9/10E
(I love how paranormal talents seamlessly fit in with normal life as I know it-not that Misty's life is normal!)





Come Dancing by Leslie Wells
Romance
6/10E
(Life in publishing holds less drama than Julia's personal life...)





Middle School: Save Rafe by James Patterson, Chris Tebbetts, and Laura Park
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Rafe endures a week of camping with troublemakers just so he can go to school...)





The Rise and Rise of Tabitha Baird by Arabella Weir
Young Adult
9/10E
(Tabitha deals with her parents' split due to her father being an alcoholic by playing up at her new school...)





First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Paranormal Romance
10/10E
(Awesomely snarky read which made me laugh heaps, as well as blush!)









Listened


Bliss Bakery by Kathryn Littlewood
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Magical baking can go very wrong as Rose finds out!) 










Watched


The Stroller Plan
Film, French version
9/10E
(A French version of an all time favourite of mine, 3 Men and A Baby, although only 1 guy has a baby to unexpectedly care for...)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(In one week I can reveal why I adore the episode where Sora launches her own clothing brand, Bohemian Sky!)





Angelic Layer
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I want my own battle doll!)





Shugo Chara
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Seen a favourite episode where Nadeshko goes into warrior mode, which always makes me smile as she is extremely competitive and bossy, a total contrast to the shy part of her character!)





Winx: Season 6
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I've got volume 1! Love seeing Daphne in corporeal form-she is a sweetheart!)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
10/10E
(A superb episode, heaps of drama involving Jack that had me giggling away!)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Rainbow Dash has given me an idea for my soon to be announced secret project!)





Prison Break: Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
10/10E
(This show is really clever in how the guy plans to break out of prison...)





Waterloo Road
Drama, English version
10/10E
(A brilliant 2nd episode, with drama at every minute. Can't believe grumpy George is going!)










Games and craft
No console playing this week but I am making more progress with...



....the super cute 10/10E Littlest Pet Shop game by Gameloft in buying more houses for my pets. 



Gameloft's 9/10E Ice Age Village is expanding slowly, and I've got my first Wonderbolt pony in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 10/10E game.





I did manage to complete Tropical Mania, 9/10E, and I'm back focusing on Diner Dash with hardworking Flo making it a 10/10E game, ditto Gardens Inc From Rakes to Riches, which Im getting the hang of the speed bonuses.



Craft wise I did some crochet,but have little to show other than 1 and a half fingerless gloves since I went wrong on a blanket. 



I had to undo half of it, but ended up with a mass of messy yarn so spent a few hours unravelling it and getting it back into a ball. I could have got away with the mistake but its one of my secret project items and needs to be as good as I can make it. 





No comments: