Saturday 6 September 2014

Sorry Dad! by Maxine Lee (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E short 'n' sweet review)

Heehee!
  May 2014, Caterpillar Books, 32 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Themes: forgiveness, accidents, fathers/father figures, 

Content: lots of humour 

Summary from Little Tiger Press
They may be the bestest friends, but sometimes the little cat can’t help but get in a spot of trouble and find himself on the naughty step… Will he find the right way to say “Sorry Dad”?

Nayu's thoughts
This cheerful coloured book may have come out in time for Father's Day, but it's perfect to read all year round since being a parent/guardian is a 24/7 job and then some. The kitten's antics made me smile as some of them were similar to what I did when I was little (people never believe me when I say I was a brat!), others were obviously going to end in disaster and made me laugh a lot. I felt sorry for the kitten because at the time of making the mistakes it felt like the end of the world to have its dad disappointed with it, but it finds a way to say sorry which produced an equal amount of grins, and possibly a tear at the touching end to this hilarious read. 

Find out more on Maxine's prettily designed website.

Suggested read
Try another fatherly (& hilarious) read; Bing! Something For Daddy by Ted Dewan (Children's, Picture books, 10E/10E)

No comments: