Tuesday 19 August 2014

What are YOU reading? #231



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read

Specs For Rex by Yasmeen Ismail
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A brilliant encouragement for children to wear their glasses!)





The Colour Thief by Gabriel Alborozo
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A lot can be read into the meaning behind this touching tale)





Milly, Molly and Salt and Pepper by Gill Pittar and Chris Morrell
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
9/10E
(A pair of trustworthy horses amble along with Milly, Molly and their friends)





Milly, Molly and the Runaway Bean by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, Picture book, 5 years+
10/10E
(All about growing things and eating well…)





Pretty Patterns: Creative Colouring for Grown-Ups
Non-Fiction, Colouring book
9/10E
(Who doesn't enjoy colouring?)





Dead Man's Cove by Lauren St John
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This is the first of many adventures for Laura!)





Milly, Molly and the Wind by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(I'll never look at a kite in the same way!)





Chestnut Hill: The New Class by Lauren Brooke
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A horse boarding school has plenty of drama!)




Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements
Food Fiction, Fiction
10E/10E
(I spent most of my time watching 2 sisters take on their grandmother's delicious shop yearning for ice cream!)





Christmas at Rosie Hopkins Sweetshop by Jenny Colgan
Food Fiction, Fiction
9/10E
 (Quite a riveting sequel!)





Milly, Molly and Biddy Bid by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, 7 years +
9/10E
(Forgiveness is needed for different situations as Milly and Molly discover)





Wanda and the Alien Go Camping by Sue Hendra
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(The two friends learn about what is normal for each other isn't normal to the other, but despite this they still have fun!)





Fire Storm by Lauren St John
Children's, 11 years +
8/10E
(Casey makes the worst mistakes of her riding career and with her friends)





Dirtie Bertie: Rats! by David Roberts & Alan McDonald
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(Rats, a fat dog and cross country running feature in the first for me book in this well-established series)





The Fairytale Hairdresser and Snow White by Abie Longstaff and Lauren Beard
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Finally I like Snow White!)





My Tethered Soul by Dorothy Dreyer
Young Adult
9/10E
(Book 2 is as good as book 1, My Sister's Reaper!)







Reread


The Baby-Sitters Club: Baby-Sitters Winter Vacation by Ann M. Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(It's amazing how differently I view the girls now that I'm old!)









Watched


Emily Owens M. D.
Medical drama, English
7/10E
(I was extremely disappointed by the very end of the series, so rather glad it didn't continue for another season...)





Puri Para
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Episode 4 made me hold my breath heaps with all the tension as Lala has to keep escaping her insane headmistress...)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(The lovely ditzy Otome makes her debut!)





AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Poor Orine meets her first hater, who she ends up being thankful to despite the initial terror...)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Somehow I decided to restart this almost from the beginning, so I get to see Mion debut again!)





Avatar The Last Airbender:  Season 1
REWATCH! – English
10E/10E
(Momo has made his [or her] debut, and thus Saaka's tauntings begins!)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic:  Season 2
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(Twilight goes more than a little loopy in trying to create a problem to reach her self-imposed deadline for sending a weekly letter to Princess Celestia...)





Holby City
Medical drama, English
9/10E
(I knew Fletch was arriving from Casualty, I hadn't known it was happening now! A dramatic debut, that's for sure!)





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Ito joins Naru's team at the shop, although the drama is only just beginning...)





Castle
Drama, English
10E/10E
(The crime writer tagging along with a detective adds both humour and insight into the murder investigation!)





Once Upon A Time
Drama, English, some rewatching
10E/10E
(So few non-anime shows keep me watching episodes back to back. H2O Just Add Water, the mermaid drama does, as does this ace fairytale mega twisty series! Ok so I crochet while I watch it so the dark parts don't have to be watched in agonising detail, but seeing fairytale characters have their story told in a fresh and engaging way makes me smile.)









Craft, Games and stuff
Ta-da! Another blanket finished, this time for a family friend who is having a baby. I wanted a blanket that could last for the child's life, hence no pastels (it's a girl).





Naturally since I finished a project I started another. This is going to be a blanket for a young girl in my family-got lots of her favourite colour pink!



Gaming has been the usual favourites...


My Little Pony by Gameloft
10E/10E
...produced a lot of squee-ing when I was actually able to afford one of the on sale ponies, Cherry Berry!





Ice Age Village by Gameloft
9/10E
...will regain full marks when the acorns I purchased actually show up on my account.





Gardens Inc From Rakes to Riches
10E/10E
(I only played 1 level this week, but I thoroughly enjoyed the tougher challenge of the higher levels.





Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
10E/10E
Gameloft has made it even better with slightly new mini games, one of which earned me Princess Stori (who is a boy, not a girl despite what his owner in the anime thinks), so I'm happy to be getting new pets!





Tropical Mania
10/10E
...is perfect for a quick game I don't have to give much thought to.





Winx Fairy School
10E/10E
 Squeeee! Managed to grow a plant, learn a spell and get some new clothes!





No comments: