Friday 3 January 2014

Nayu's News #102 Happy Start to the Year

No snow  yet, sadly...
So my December vacation was mostly spent being ill - not surprising at this time of year. I had ketamine unexpectedly, which did make the pain better. 
Reading features a lot in my recovery schedule
Lots of rest is helping send the other germ gremlins packing, although recovery as per usual is slow. 

Lots of books will be read this year!
I'm happy on the first day of 2014 though. The holidays weren't what I'd planned, but I still managed to have fun. I tried out new, food related books and I'm looking forward to reading more. Shout out to Jenny Colgan for her Meet Me At the Cupcake Cafe (to be reviewed soon) for that introduction. 

I've had a few tasty treats too! 
The coffee & walnut cake my friend gave me was a squished version of this piece
Cake & chocolate is good especially when you don't feel great (so long as it's not stomach trouble, although even then it can be worth it.) 

Writing anytime, anywhere
Sure, I'd have loved to have actually written more, but it wasn't meant to be. I've since figured out how to easily access my wip on my tablet! This is brilliant because instead of having the hassle of setting up my laptop every time I want to edit, I can just use my tablet. It makes short bursts much more accessible and more appealing. Watch out world, my Muse is on the loose! 
Muse is extremely mischievous - she's not as innocent and sweet as she looks!

I hope your start to 2014 has had something to make you smile about. I'm sure that it'll be a fun year here on Nayu's Reading Corner - thank you for visiting!
See you soon!

3 comments:

social networking marketing in ct said...

*I actuly love reading through this blog.Thanks a lot.

ali said...

Hey, I was wondering, have you ever seen the anime Princess Tutu? I know it gets kind of intense quickly, but I think you might like it. :)

Nayuleska said...

SNMICT - thanks! Hope you keep enjoying it.

Ali - I did try it, but it's not for me. Appreciate the suggestion though!