Monday 25 November 2013

What are YOU reading? #194



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read



Finding Cherokee Brown by Siobhan Curham
Young Adult
10E/10E
(A girl being bullied goes on a journey to find who she really is...my review...) 





Finding Your Inner Cherokee by Siobhan Curham
Non-fiction
10E/10E
(A workbook and guide about being bullied - lots of positive actions which are easy to follow.  My review...)





The Unbelievable Top Secret Diary of Pig by Emer Stamp
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(Pig's poor grammar adds to the hilarity of its tale...)




A Deal's A Deal by Stephanie Blake
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A seriously funny surprise at the end made me laugh!)







Reread



Drina Dances In Italy by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(I'd been looking forward to Drina meeting her Italian grandmother again and it was as fun as the first time!) 








Watched




Winx: Season 5
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I'd forgotten how bizarre the end is...but it's still awesome because Daphne becomes corporeal!) 





Horseland: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10E
(Still on rewatch stage, but love the messages gotten across...) 





My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:  Season 2 
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(This show keeps getting better each time I watch it!) 





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Yup, I go starry eyed when I watch this show! Definitely a favourite at the moment...) 





Hanamaru Kindergarten
Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(Totally hilarious, an easy watch before bed...)





Lilpri
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(Had the urge to watch another ep after watching Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, so I did! Wasn't disappointed at all...)





AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(With every rewatch I understand the characters' actions a little bit more, especially Yuko's...) 




Bodacious Space Pirates
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(First time of watching I was a bit annoyed how long it took for Marika to get into space - knowing the story on the rewatch I'm loving the wait!) 





Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(Soon I'll only watch an ep at a time as the first season gets quite dark for me...) 





Spice & Wolf
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Ah, Holo. I miss you as my Twitter avatar but love watching your attitude problem!) 





Gunslinger Girls
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Yes, I know it's about girl assassins which is morally wrong but this show is mega cool and I find it easier in English as there's a lot of difficult vocab in the Japanese version...)








Other stuff 
Being random, today as I write this I'm having 3 orange blossom tealights burn on the fireplace. 





I have done something this week! On Saturday I spent nearly all day battling with this both wonderful and frustrating Winnie-the-Pooh puzzle. 






I'm nearly done! I've just got to find homes for these pieces.... 






No comments: