Monday 7 October 2013

What are YOU reading? #187




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Read 

Amelie and Nanette: Sparkly Shoes and A New Dress by Sophie Tilley
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(This is such a squeesomely cute read that the forthcoming review is a long one!)





Fairylicious by Tiffany Nicole Smith
Children's, 9 years +
9/10
(Bex is plagued by a motley fairy quartet in a story which is both funny and sad.)




Mary Had A Sleepy Sheep by Julia Dweck and Wilson Williams Jr
Children's, Picture book
10/10
(A delightful new take on a classic nursery rhyme.)





Blucy by Julia Dweck and Erika LeBarre
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(An incredibly cute cat read!)





Whimsy's Heavy Things by Julie Kraulis
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10/10E
(A great guide for how to deal with issues life chucks at us...)





Doug The Bug That Went Boing! by Sue Hendra
Children's. Picture book
10/10E
(A fun read that will make you laugh a lot!)





Nat the Cat's Sunny Smile by Jez Alborough
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A fine tale about how infectious a smile is!)





The Littlest Bird by Gareth Edwards and Elina Ellis
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A mega adorable read!)





Otter Chaos: Dam Busters by Michael Broad
Children's, 7 years +
10/10
(You don't mess with an enraged otter - or beaver!!)







Watched 


Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(This awesome show is what I'm watching the most of at the moment. So cool!) 





Fantasista Dolls
Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(I'm hating having to wait for each episode to come out once a week. I'm grateful to have the simulcast from Japan, but it's hard not being able to see it all at once! I seriously hope it isn't a 13 episode anime....)




AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(Did you really think I'd stop watching this? Given it's in the second part of the series so it's a bit darker & I'm not necessarily watching it every day, but I'm listening to the music most days - and at work listening to the actual episodes!) 




Yumeiro Patissiere Professional
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(Still awesome, although the opening & closing songs are awful - they'd put me off if I didn't know this was a fab anime from the first season...)





Emi Magique
Anime, French version
10/10
(This may be a much older anime [1980s] but it is still super cute and full of surprises!) 




Card Captor Sakura: Season 2
Anime, French version
(I'd forgotten how cool it is for Sakura to have a new outfit in every episode. However, the story is getting darker, hence why I haven't watched it for a bit and won't watch it every day...) 





Aria the Natural
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(This is a show that always cheers me up - that's why I try to watch it at the end of the day.) 





Winx: Season 5
Anime, English version
10/10
(I'm nearing when the girls get Sirenix!) 





Winx:, Season 5
Anime, French version
10/10E
(No, you aren't seeing things. I really am watching the different versions at the same time [although further ahead in English for now] French is way better with the girls' characters [Stella is a bit of a brat, but not a bratty brat.] 





Motorway Cops
Documentary, English version
10/10
(No dead horses this week, although still some horrific scenes. It's one a friend watches and we text about it after...) 




Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(You can tell I like this show as I've restarted watching it already! So cool, and in some ways a little cooler than the sequel.) 







Craft 
I have a picture! Here's what I've been working over the past few weeks....




...some squares that will form a blanket for a female family member. Date of completion - who knows. I'm not trying to reach a deadline, it'll be done when it's done. Quite possibly in a year or so ^o^ 







Gaming/other hobbies 
Unfortunately none this week as I've been tired/busy, but I'm really hoping to do some jigsaw puzzling this weekend. I know I say it every week - it'll happen eventually!



No comments: