Saturday 12 October 2013

Blucy by Julia Dweck and Erika LeBarre (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)

 July 2013, Xist Publishing, 20 pages, Ebook, Review copy

Themes: choosing a cat, colour changing cat, mischief, love for a pet,
 
Content: lots of laughs

Summary from Xist Publishing

Once in a blue moon, a special pet comes along. 

When Mandy adopts the best cat at the shelter, she doesn't realize it has a big secret and an even bigger personality.


Nayuleska's thoughts 
I know I've only read 1 other of Julia's books but this is by far my favourite! As a cat owner/companion I could relate to Blucy acting unexpectedly, although thankfully my cat Belle is better behaved! I was captivated by the rounded drawing style, as well as the vibrant colours and different shades of blue. I felt it was quite clever to have Blucy hide in so many blue places. I love the name Blucy, as one of my toys is a small blue bear called Blue Luce. I'll definitely be rereading this book lots!

Check out the wide variety of Julia's books on her website,

Suggested read
Check out Julia's other books including Mary Had A Sleepy Sheep (link to follow soon).

No comments: