Monday 20 May 2013

What are YOU reading? #167



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


A Friend Like Annabel by Alan Davidson
Children's, 7 years +
(Annabel ends up in all sorts of adventures with her best friend Kate, including being mother to a duck and chief negotiator for rival gangs - her life is hilarious!)
10/10




The Hooded Man by Courtney Sheets
Historical Romance
(The tale of Robin Hood never grows old, especially when it is in fact Marian who pretends to be the fictitious outlaw!  My review...)
10/10




Everything Is Fine by Cathy Brett
Young Adult
(You'll need tissues for this one - Esther's summer is ever so bittersweet...) 
10/10




The Last Wild by Piers Torday
Children's, 9 years +
(A weirdly compelling read, not suitable for those with an aversion to hordes of bugs [not me] or snakes [definitely me but only for about 6 pages]...)
9/10




Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
Young Adult
(Mallory is on a voyage of discovery by forsaking technology & living the 1960's style of life...)
9/10




 The Mummy Shop by Abie Longstaff and Lauren Beard
Children's , Picture book
(Cuteness and fun fills this book by a collaborative pair who I adore!)
10/10 E




 Plunge Into The Pirate Pool by Caryl Hart and Ed Eaves
Children's, Picture book
(I'd love to meet pirates who give out chocolate coins!)
10/10




Sammy Feral's Diaries of Weird by Eleanor Hawken
Children's, 8 years +
(Did you know yetis love cabbage?)
9/10




Flip-Flap Fun: Time For Bed
and 
Honk Honk! Baa Baa! by Petr Horacek
Children's, Board book
(A supremely clever play on a picture ending makes these charming books extra fun...)
10/10




Lenny Goes To Nursery School by Ken Wilson-Max
Children's, Picture book
(A sweet story of a new experience for young children...) 
10/10




Where's Lenny?  by Ken Wilson-Max
Children's, Picture book
(This Lenny tale is sure to have readers in fits of laughter!)
10/10








Watched


AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(I'm limiting myself to one episode a day, unless I'm ill or need extra cheering up...) 




Shugo Chara
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(Recently started the second season 'Shugo Chara Doki!' which is as awesome as the first one!) 




Twilight
REWATCH! - Movie, English version
10/10
(This was a 'must watch' while I recovered from my ketamine treatment...) 




New Moon
REWATCH! - Movie, English version
10/10
(I laughed a lot at the teen angst...ahem!) 




Spice & Wolf
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(I finished this series; the ending was happier than I'd imagined yet it still made me cry...) 




Life of Plants
Documentary, English version
10/10
(I've watched a little about how some plants grow in adverse conditions - I'm watching this series a few scenes at a time...)




Winx:  Season 3
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10 E
(This is a show which gets better each time I watch it. I've nearly finished the series!) 




Rozen Maiden
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10 E
(I adore the costumes of the maidens and the characters are utterly hilarious, which counters the at times dark themes!) 




The Unit
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
10/10
(Can't beat a good military drama about families involved in special forces...)




Heidi
Anime, French version
10/10 E
(I'm getting closer to the end - Clara has now arrived in the alps with Heidi - they are having so much fun! [despite Heidi nearly not making it there because her father & doctor worry too much...]) 







Craft/puzzles/other hobbies

Not a lot has been done because of the ketamine treatment though I have wound up some yarn into balls.  Oh...and I finished my lap blanket!
Take a look...

BEFORE

AFTER







No comments: