Monday 15 April 2013

What are YOU reading? #162




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read 




Red River Stallion by Troon Harrison
Children's, 11 years +
(A story about a native American girl's special bond with a special horse...)
9/10




Million Dollar Mates Superstar by Cathy Hopkins
Children's, 11 years +
(Despite thinking she is well adjusted, Jess learns more about true happiness and how turbulent life is...)
8/10




Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie
Thriller
(Sophie's first adult novel is as twisted, full of mystery and tension as her children's books!)
10/10






Watched 

Due to the amount of series on dvd which I've yet to watch (I refuse to tell you all how many), I'm trying to focus on my dvds, unless it's first thing in the morning or if I need cheering up by specific shows. My main focus is...





Cardcaptor Sakura (now on Season 2)
Anime, French version
10/10
(I love how Sakura's powers are growing as she gets more cards, and the realism of the show such as when she's sick she's not at all good at fighting cards but her friends are there to help her out.) 




I did watch...Cardcaptor Sakura, film #1
Anime, French version
7/10
(This gets a lower grade because it was so scary! I kept wanting to press off, but I persevered. There are some sweet, cool moments, but they don't outweigh the mega scary evil lady for me, and all that happens to Sakura and her friends. I doubt I'll watch this again.) 




Naturally I'm watching...Winx: Season 5
Anime, English version
10/10 E
(Only 5 more episodes left! So excited waiting for them to come out each week. What will happen to Tritannus?) It's a bit of a no-brainer why I'm watching Winx - it's the best! Sirenix is very wow - I like how the girls are learning what their unique power is.) 




I've seen the final episode of...AKB0048: Season 2
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(I thought there was only 1 episode I hadn't seen, in which case I didn't understand how it could finish with so much to wrap up, but it turned out there were 2 episodes! I had my mouth open a lot during the final episode - it's awesome! Especially Nagisa & Chieri ^o^)




Because season 2 has finished I'm naturally rewatching... AKB0048: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
[Enjoying it because it is so much fun, up on a level with Winx & Shugo Chara, full of self realization and growth (and catchy songs). ]




Now that my choice of anime is less structured and more what I feel like, I've rewatched... La Storia della Famiglia Arcana
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(Mafia style anime, more about the sense of duty and family and what life is like - as well as special powers getting used now & then...) 




I've dipped into...Neo Angelique Abyss
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(I love Angelique's clothes, how her special power helps & touches the lives of so many people. )




Lilpri
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(This one has featured on work days when I wake up early because it is light hearted. Currently the fairyland prince Chris aka Wish is starting to feel the effects of his curse.) 




The first human drama I've watched this week is...Holby City
Drama, English version
8/10
( I've felt so sorry for the young doctor who has a brain tumour - I didn't think that she would get married, but somehow it worked out and it was all wonderful. )




The second drama was...The Syndicate: Season 2
English version
9/10
(This second season is extremely captivating - next week's episode looks very dramatic! )







Other hobbies 

I did so little of crochet/puzzle-ing that there's nothing to note here. I've been good and been resting up when I need to - maybe I'll get to do some more this week!

2 comments:

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I am going to have to add Red River Stallion to our book order for the library! (I work in an elementary library) Our kids love horses. :)

Have a great week.

Nayuleska said...

I'd love to know what they think of it once they read it!