Monday 31 December 2012

What are YOU reading? #148


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read



Shugo Chara, vols 1-5
(vol 1 English version, vols 2-5 French version)
Manga
10/10
(So far the anime follows 90% of the manga, which made it such a delight to read, 'hearing' the voices said by the voice actors...) 





Scent of Magic by Maria V Snyder
Fantasy
9/10
(Avry is back and always in danger with major unexpected twists that I've come to expect from Maria...)







 Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos by Simon Tofield
Humour
10/10
(Simon's cat both terrorizes and is terrorized by a new addition in the family...)





 Deadly Diaries by Steve Backshall
Non-fiction
10/10
(Aside from the snakes, this is extremely interesting; full of facts and scarily funny tales about animal encounters while filming the TV series 'Deadly'.)





 The Railway Rabbits: Berry and the Amazing Maze by Georgie Adams
Children's, 5 years +
10/10
(These adorably cute bunnies get pretty scared thanks to dinosaurs in a maze!)





 Sister Assassin by Kiersten White
Young Adult
Release Date:  February 2013
10/10
(This is a confusing and weird book, with an ending I hate, yet for all those things...I loved it!)







Anime Watched



La Corda d'Oro
9/10
I loved this character driven anime, because Kahoko suffered a lot of anguish, self-guilt and reflection thanks to Lili, the fairy who had given the magical violin to play. One plot thread was a bit bizarre because after 3 episodes nothing more was really mentioned about it, but I'll examine that further in my review. 




Shugo Chara
Rewatch!
10/10
At last I've reached the point again where Utau is on the scene! I'm loving seeing her, possibly because I'm reading the manga which are funny. Long live Iru and Eru, Utau's Shugo Charas! 




Lilpri
Rewatch!
10/10
The way this anime cheers me up when I'm feeling bleh has made it the highlight of my week. 




Georgie
French version
10/10
It's one I'm unable to stop watching - I'm watching episode after episode. There's something about Georgie and the life she has with her adopted family (she doesn't know she's adopted). They are now teens and I suspect soon she will start learning part of the truth about her real family. She makes me laugh, there's a real sense of innocence to her. 





Tokyo Mew Mew
10/10
I loved the costumes in this episodes as the girls ended up going to a party wearing very elegant dresses. & of course were able to fight monsters! 




--------------------------------



I have watched 1-2 episodes of the following anime, but since I watched it after only having >3 hours sleep AND having had my latest ketamine treatment, I can't really put a grade or make a summary of them.  Cie la vie, the shows watched were the French versions of...


 
Heidi




Creamy




Emi Magique





Suzy aux Fleurs Magiques







No comments: