Monday 17 December 2012

What are YOU reading? #146


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read




Sadler's Wells #1:  A Dream of Sadler's Wells by Lorna Hill
Children's, 9 years+
(Another awesome ballet series like Drina from my childhood...)
10/10




Amazon Ink by Lori Devoti
Urban Fantasy
(An awesome read which involves the protagonist, her daughter, her own mother and her grandmother - lots of generations here all with their own sense of humour and magic/non magical skills!)
9/10

 





Watched



Winx Season 2
Anime, French
10/10
With a fairy wip on the go, I need fairies for my Muse! 





Lilpri
Anime, Japanese
10/10
This was exactly what I needed to cheer myself up when I was super tired this week. 





Shugo Chara!
Anime, Japanese
10/10
Still not much involvement of Utau...yet! I shall get there...little by little... 





Yumeiro Patissiere
Anime, Japanese
10/10
Watching Ichigo chase her dreams inspires me to keep chasing mine... 





Vampire Diaries, Season 1
US drama
9/10
For me this is like a TV version of Twilight - ok with heaps more characters, twists and special powers, but still fun! I'm not watching True Blood as I've heard it's not for me at all. I did nearly stop VD when there was a seance - I just quickly clicked ahead and skipped it. If I can't read about something, I definitely can't watch it as I'm a very visual person!! 





Traffic Cops
Documentary, UK
10/10
Every time I watch this I have great respect for what traffic police deal with... 





Pensioners Behind Bars
Documentary, UK
8/10
An interesting watch about older prisoners - it seems so weird, having seen a lot of prison shows with younger people in prison. 





Junior Apprentice
Reality show
7/10
This is something the whole family watches - I was online while I watched it as I can't just watch it on its own. I find the tasks interesting, I don't like the backbiting and fighting that goes on, but I can admire the strength and determination the candidates have as they come up to the semi-final test.




No comments: