Monday 19 November 2012

What are YOU reading? #142


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read




How To Fall by Jane Casey
Young Adult
(Looking like her dead cousin makes Jess's holiday more than a little interesting...)
9/10




Great Animal Antics! by Katie Davies
Children's, 7 years +
(Anna is a hilarious child with a vivid imagination which gets her, her best friend, and her little brother in huge & exciting adventures!)
10/10




Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate
Young Adult
(An intriguing insight to Luce's protectors in novellas tied in with Luce's past and present self...)
9/10




Muddle and Win: the Battle for Sally Jones by John Dickinson
Children's, 9 years +
(Perfect Sally experiences some turbulence as the forces of darkness launch a huge campaign against the forces of light in Sally's head...)
9/10




Rainbow Magic: Ruby the Red Fairy by Daisy Meadows
Children's, 5 years +
(As part of some personal research, I've finally read a book about these popular fairies!)
9/10




Rainbow Magic: Samantha the Swimming Fairy by Daisy Meadows
Children's, 5 years +
(Lots of aquatic acrobats in this tale!)
9/10






Re-read



Glitterwings Academy 11: Friendship Dance by Titiana Woods
Children's, 7 years +
(This sweet fairy series is full of drama and the light and sparkly side of fairies...)
10/10






Watched 




LilPri
...I finially finished this series! It was an awesome ending - Japanese style with a sad part as the girls had to go back to normal, with everyone forgetting who they'd turned into. It's a positive end though, because they are all looking forward to enjoying themselves as they grow up and to make people happy. 




Negima
...this is a rewatch - I'm coming up to the last few episodes which are a bit more serious, but the ones I watched this week made me smile a lot. 




Winx Season 2
...watching them 1 at a time, as I find season 2 & 3 slightly darker. Still awesome though, especially with the powers the girls have. I didn't watch it for a few days, which made me realised how much I love it. Oh, LilPri has the same status as Winx & Shugo Chara. Happy sigh. 




Winx Season 5
...is so awesome! I'm mostly up to date with the English version, the French is lagging but it's my preferred viewing. I love the French interpretation of the characters. The girls' powers rule! Although I'm a bit unsure why they are having lessons back at Alfea, unless they are like top up lessons. #confused. And what happened to Love & Pet? To be honest, I love this show so much that any plot inconsistencies just melt away. Another happy sigh. 




Elemental Gelade
...I think I just must be going through a phase, but I found this quite dark too. It's a rewatch, so I know what's happening, but still...I need lots of chirpy anime afterwards. I think I might stay clear of the darker (for me) anime - I was flicking through them and not quite enjoying them (so not me when I usually love them). I'm in the mood for cute! 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 




I think that's mostly it on the watching front, definitely more cuteness on the way. I'm going to rewatch Yumeiro Patissiere - well, the series I have. One day I'll get to see the 3rd one. 




Hope you all get to watch something you love! Before I go I have to mention Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 is now out in the cinema! Unfortunately I have to wait for the DVD (I really don't like crowds/the dark), but I'm still super excited for everyone who gets to see it. It's my fluffy watch - I know, I know, some of it is quite dark but it makes me laugh. For me the films perfectly match the books. I've no doubt the same will be true for the final installment. I'll definitely have my own Twilight Marathon when I get the DVD. I'll probably watch it twice in a row too!



No comments: