Monday 15 October 2012

What are YOU reading? #137


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read





Alice-Miranda On Holiday by Jacqueline Harvey
Children's, 7 years +
(An extraordinary 7 year old stumbles on several mysteries while at home with a very caring family...)
9/10





Spell Sisters: Evie the Swan Sister by Amber Castle
Children's, 7 years +
(Evie is the most elegant of the magical sisters, and my favourite!)
10/10




Alien in My Belly Button by Jimmy Mars
Children's, 6 years +
(It's a gross story...which I love!) 
10/10




Leaving Poppy by Kate Cann
Young Adult
(Despite being totally freaked out by this scary read I kept going because Amber is such an emotionally strong girl...) 
10/10




Rosie's Magic Horse by Russell Hoban & Quentin Blake
Children's, Picture book
(The end wasn't quite what I expected...)
8/10




The Cupcake Diaries: Katie, Batter Up! By Coco Simon
Children's, 7 years +
(As well as the usual cupcake fun, Katie has to find her own talent and conquer mean girl Sydney's bullying...) 
10/10




Princess Evie's Ponies: Diamond the Magic Unicorn by Sarah KilBride & Sophie Tilley
Children's, Picture book
(This fantastic read has cute oozing from the pages!!)
10/10




Queen Rider by Alan Davidson
Children's, 9 years +
(An extremely troubled girl who loves horses finally gets the wake up call she needs...my review...)
10/10




I Am Cat by Jackie Morris
Children's, Picture book/Non-Fiction
(This book made me go "awww" with some of the cat poses...)
8/10




Gobbolino The Witch's Cat by Ursula Moray Williams
Children's, 7 years +
Special Reprint
(It was wonderful rereading a story I'd last read when I was little. Gobbolino has a tough start to life!)
10/10




Books I've reread


Airhead by Meg Cabot
Young Adult
(My views on modelling are pretty much the same as Em's, but her body switch makes a fascinating read...) 
10/10






What I've Watched  


Neo Angelique - Second Season
...the shocks and surprises just keep coming in this second season. I love how power Angelique has, how strong she's become and , how she wants to be able to protect herself, even if she's not very good at it. 





Shugo Chara Doki!
...I love it when shows are even more fun on the rewatch. I saw a clip for an earlier episode and I want to start right from the begining again (I'm not). It's interesting how Lulu and Amu are getting a lot closer now. This is one show that is guaranteed to cheer me up no matter what happens. 




Winx Club Season 4 (Spanish version)
... *smiles* I don't understand a lot of it yet. And it sounds soooo fast (more so than the French one did). But it's super fun hearing Spanish while watching my favourite show. Season 4 is a happier season (in some ways) for Winx, so it'll be enjoyable to re-watch it over and over in another language. 




The Great British Bake Off
...this semi-final was pretty tense, with some quite major disasters happening. But the contestants put their all in, and next week is the final! 




Waterloo Road
... only 2 more episodes left in this series. My family were surprised when I said 'set it on light!' at the TV (it makes sense if you watch it). Having a fire would be a lot drama, especially as it was arson (that probably says something about me...I'm a good person, really!) 




Prison Break: Season 1
...I've watched 2 more episodes. I absolutely love this show. I call it research for my WIPs. What goes on is very clever as the hero tries to break out of prison (obvious from the title), after he deliberately gets in there. 




Covert Affairs
...this is a fun series, such a shame there are only 11 episodes (unsure if this is on Netflix or for the entire series as a whole). 




H2O: Just Add Water
...sometimes I need a break from anime (yes, I am saying that!), and this series is definitely better the second time round. It's fun seeing the girls re-learning how to control their mermaid powers. 




Missing Season 1
...It's really awesome that this is based on a series by Meg Cabot whose books I read! I haven't read the Missing books, but I'll add them to my wish list. The power to find people through dreams is really cool.


No comments: