Wednesday 29 February 2012

Slide by Jill Hathaway (Young Adult)



1st march 2012, Harper Collins Children's books
256 pages, Paperback
Review copy

Themes: high school life, mean girls, bullying, misunderstandings, lots of secrets, teen rebellion, sisterhood, family secrets, no one is perfect, finding out you were wrong, teen romance, a little strong content, lots of tissues needed.
Summary from Harper Collins
She sees through the eyes of a killer…

Vee Bell hates having narcolepsy. But collapsing at school is nowhere near as bad as the truth. When Vee passes out she slides randomly into other’s people’s heads and ends up seeing through their eyes. So when Vee finds herself in the head of a killer, standing over the body of a cheerleader, she’s beyond freaked.

Vee knows that this was no suicide. And when another cheerleader turns up dead, everyone is a suspect. Struggling to understand her terrifying and unwanted ‘gift’, Vee is tangled in a web of secrets, lies and danger…

Nayuleska's thoughtsOne point in the book freaked me out so bad I put the book down intending not to read it again. I'm glad I changed my mind. The plot twists are spectacular, and I was in tears at the end. This 10/10 read is a book you must read.

To find out more about Slide check out Jill's website.
 
Suggested readFor a similar type of power used by a girl called Vee check out Wake by Lisa McMann

2 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Heard mixed reviews for this one. So a little nervous about picking it up.

Nayuleska said...

I'm probably biased but I say go for it :)