Thursday 10 November 2011

Battersea Dogs and Cats Home: Buddy and Holly's Story (Children's, 5 years +)


September 2011, Red Fox
112 pages, Paperback
Review copy 

Children's, 5 years + 

Themes: having a pet, best friends, fun coincidences, holiday festivities, family life, lots of happiness, 

There's double the fun this Christmas when two of Battersea's cutest residents arrive to live on Bell Lane. Best friends Jo and Helen live next door to each other, and Santa has delivered the perfect surprise - a gorgeous tabby kitten for Jo and a cuddly golden Labrador puppy for Helen! Will Holly and Buddy prove to be best friends too? 

Nayuleska's thoughts 
I love how close Jo and Helen are, and it was fun being able to relate to some of their characteristics. I'm more like Jo because I wear odd socks (although on purpose rather than by accident) & I'm not a neat freak. However, cats are way better than dogs, and Helen's new family member is as mischievous as my own cat. This gets 9/10 from me. 

You can visit Battersea Dogs and Cat's home website here. My current cat is a rescue cat! If you want a dog or cat, do give rescue centres a though (there are several different ones). And do be put off by how the cats behave. Mine had had a really rough time and all she did was sit on her bed. We felt sorry for her. She's a totally different cat now, known as the Tabby Tornado for the way she races around the house. The other day she shot through the cat flap so fast she didn't register a cupboard door was open and banged her head right into it (sorry for going off topic a little, I love my cat!) 

Suggested reading
Check out more of the Battersea Dogs and Cats books, including one about this cute cat Cosmo's Story



No comments: