Wednesday 23 March 2011

Winner of DISCURI by Chrystalla Thoma


It's 8.30am on Wednesday 23rd March, which means the competition to win a copy of Chrystalla's DISCURI is over! 

Before I announce the winner, here are answers to the question 'Which is your favourite era in history & why?' We had two entrants and their replies were: 

Ancient Greek! I love all the myths and the gods; they play such a hugh part in the everyday lives of the ancient 
Greeks, it makes me wonder how they kept believing even throughout disasters and death. The structure and 
hierarchy of society especially intrigues me as well as gender roles. I am studying Classics for A Level atm so I 
suppose my opinion is heavily influenced by this:) My copies of Homer's and Virgil's epics are very well read! :P

I love the ancient world too - it's such an interesting era in history.


English Civil War 17th century.

I love the clothes and the architecture but I think the real fascination is the emotions (differing loyalties divided families) and the political machinations.


I don't remember studying the civil war, but I totally agree with love of the clothes. That's why I like
period dramas & films so much.

Ok, on with the winner! The person who will receive a copy of Discuri is....

Holz!

Congratulations! I'll pass your details onto Chrystalla by email, so she can sort out a copy of the book for you.

Don't forget there are 2 competitions currently running (and a third possibly coming very soon), win 1 of 5 copies of The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel & 1 copy of Marrying Out of Money by Nicky Schmidt

No comments: