Monday 28 February 2011

What are you reading? #56

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.

Books I've read this week
Gladiator: Fight For Freedom by Simon Scarrow
Children's
(An engaging historical novel that has me eagerly awaiting the second!  My review...)






Painfully Ordinary by Stephanie Amox
Young Adult, Romance
(A pretty awesome book...with a few minor issues that give me a mixed conclusion about it.  Review to follow on 3rd March over on Enduring Romance.)




The 10pm Question by Kate Di Goldi
Children's
(An engaging read which subtly addresses a few serious issues so cleverly that you don't realise it until quite a way into the book - well, I didn't.  Review to go up 3rd March here on Nayu's Reading Corner, along with a guest blog post from Kate!)





The Fairytale Hairdresser: Or How Rapunzel Got her Prince! by Abie Longstaff
Children's
(Super cute picture book involving fairytale characters, especially Red Riding Hood [my favourite even though her role is secondary] and Rapunzel. Someone's got to keep their hair perfect!  My review...)





It's Friday as I write this, and I'm planning a reading fest weekend, so hopefully I'll have more books to put up next week.
 
Edited to add: I've read a lot already! Yay! 

No comments: