Monday 31 January 2011

What are you reading? #54

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.

Books I've read this week



Slowly, little by little I'm getting back into a more normal reading schedule. Technically I am reading a little less than normal; I'm getting some relief from my medication, so I'm now able to knit! I like knitting while watching dvds, so I have been doing more of that. It's a huge deal for me to knit again, it's been 6 months since I had to stop. I can also play video games! I tried 10 minutes the other day, since I thought if I can do one of them, I can do the other. And oh I remember why I love them so much! I've got to be very careful not to overdo it, and I always think that'll be the case. No more 6 hour gaming fests (I have been known to game for 10 hours...). The reason any of that is relevant to this blog, is that when I had to stop those hobbies, the amount of time reading increased. It was something I could do regardless of my health (excluding tiredness).


Remember how I said technically I'm reading less than normal? Well unofficially, I'm reading more. Now that I've (mostly) really cut down on the time I spend on the internet, I save at least 2 hours a day (I'm not exaggerating either). This is especially true in the mornings, since I tend to wake up 4-5am. I get a good hour reading before work (I do other stuff too). So, in theory the amount of books I read shouldn't fluctuate too much :)


On with the books!







Death in the Desert by Jim Eldridge
Children's/Young Adult
(Military operation novel, very realistic and believable - there is a content warning for lots of warfare!  My review...)








Ballerina Dreams:  Poppy's Secret Wish by Ann Bryant
Children's
(Total opposite of the above book! Very cute and inspiring too.  My review...)







Someday's Dreamers:  Spellbound #1 by Norie Yamada & Kumichi Yoshizuki
English version
Manga, Fantasy & Young Adult
(Not the same characters as the anime...it's an okay manga, but a bit clunky in places.  My review...)





Pocket Cats: Cat Burgler by Kitty Wells
(aka Lee Weatherly - she's such a spy with all her disguises!)
Children's
(This is one awesome series with fab cat powers, and friends working together.  My review...)






Runaways by Joe Layburn
Young Adult
(Great sequel to Street Heroes, I hope there are more!  My review...)





Someday's Dreamers: Spellbound #2 by Norie Yamada & Kumichi Yoshizuki

English version
Manga, Fantasy & Young Adult
(Stronger than the first book for certain.  My review...)




 
That's all I've read so far. I'm hoping to read more next week.
 







No comments: