Thursday 30 December 2010

Mercedes Lackey reading challenge 2011


My fourth and final reading challenge of 2011 will be to read Mercede Lackey books. I've read most of her Valdemar series many, many times. I had most of the books. Stupidly, when I decided to purge my bookshelves (pre-reviewing era), I got rid of the entire lot. Yes I regret it. They went to a good home (charity), but still, I wish I hadn't got rid of them! I've started re-reading them in French, which is fun (although not sure they have them all). However, Mercedes also wrote a load of other books which I've never read. So 2011 I'll be reading the other books and hopefully 2012 I'll read the Valdemar series (and buy them all)

Edited to add I'm going to try to read one a month. I'd love more but life's changed and I've got to be realistic. 
  • January: The Diana Tregarde series
    • Burning Water
    • Children of the Night
    • Jinx High 
For the rest of the year, it depends which books are available. Here are the series which I hope to read. 

  • Enduring Flame
    • The Phoenix Unchained
    • The Phoenix Endangered
    • The Phoenix Transformed
  • Obsidian Trilogy
    • The Outstreched Shadow
    • To Light a Candle
    • When Darkness Falls
  • Heirs of Alexandria
    • Shadow of the Lion
    • This Rough Magic
    • A Mankind Witch
    • Much Fall of Blood
  • The Dragon Jousters
    • Joust
    • Alta
    • Sanctuary
    • Aerie
  • Bardic Voices
    • The Lark and the Wren
    • The Robin & the Kestrel
    • The Eagle & the Nightingales
    • Four and Twenty Blackbirds
  • Tales of the Five Hundred Kingdoms
    • The Fairy Godmother
    • One Good Knight
    • Fortune’s Fool
    • The Snow Queen
    • Sleeping Beauty
  • Fairy  Tale
    • The Black Swan
    • Firebird
  • The Elemental Masters
    • The Fire Rose
    • The Serpent’s Shadow
    • The Gates of Sleep
    • Phoenix and Ashes
    • The Wizard of London
    • Reserved for the Cat
  • The Halfblood Chronicles
    • The Elvenbane
    • Elvenblood
    • Elvenborn
  • Serrated Edge
    • Born to Run
    • Wheels of Fire
    • When the Bough Breaks
    • Chrome Circle
    • Evendude
    • Spiritride
    • Lazerwarz
    • Stoned Souls
  • Prequel to Serrated Edge
    • This Scepter’d Isle
    • Ill Met by Moonlight
    • By Slanderous Tongues
    • And Less Than Kind
  • Bedlam’s Bard
    • Knight of Ghosts and Shadows
    • Summoned to Tourney
    • Bedlam Boyz
    • Beyond World’s End
    • Spirits White as Lightning
    • Mad Maudlin
    • Bedlam’s Edge
    • Music to My Sorrow
  • Standalone
  • ·         Sacred Ground
I invite you to come and check out some of Mercede's work. You can find out more on her official website.  

No comments: