Thursday 15 October 2009

Thirsty Thursday #6

The good news - I'm still wading through books! Yup, had a nice package from Random House last week.

I am reading and reviewing as much as I can to catch up from not being here much. I very nearly had to review a book without finishing it. I felt bad. I've struggled with this book from the very beginning. It's not that it's bad, but it wasn't holding my interest. I've given it another go, tried to read it, and succeeded. It will lose a heart because I've struggled (even 25 pages some days was an achievement) with it. However, it could be I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. Sometimes there is no point reading a certain genre, if you're in the mood for something else.

*pats pile of books* Lovely books. Keep them coming please!

Oh, I've just had a brainwave. Because I am still catching up with books from September (can't stop life curveballs happening, apologies), and there are only two weeks left in October, I will be skipping reviews of October books. It means that I can catch up, and get ready for November. Otherwise if I ask for October books I'll get behind in reviewing them, feel bad, and the cycle will continue. Don't panic, I'll still read books. I may even get through one or two on my personal book shelf. Not long until November! Yay! (I can go and plan which books I'll request then).

2 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

Sounds like a plan!

Nayuleska said...

I'm not giving up book reviewing. I may have to curb my enthusiasm a little. It all depends on what's on offer for each publisher.