Monday 21 August 2017

Jesper Jinx Mouse Mayhem by Marko Kitti (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)


 March 2017, Createspace, 152 pages, Ebook, Review copy 

Book summary
Jesper Jinx is eleven, and probably the unluckiest person in all of Puffington Hill. Everything he touches seems to end up in sweet disaster. Hence his nickname ‘Jinx’.

This time around, it is Puffington Hill itself that appears to be jinxed. The school canteen gets shut down and children are forced to eat wild clover flowers for lunch. Horrible hairy acorns fall from the sky, targeting black cats and squirrels. An eyewitness even claims to have seen a flying antique piano.

Something utterly peculiar is going on.

And it is up to you, Dear Reader, to help Jesper figure out who’s responsible for these seemingly unrelated incidents. Could it be Jesper himself? Or Lenny and Benny, the WARRIOR MOUSE brothers? Or even you yourself, the unsuspecting Book Gobbler?

Nayu's thoughts 
 After the distinct lack of animal antics in the previous book (see suggested reading) I was satisfied when Marko promised me the next book (this one) was full of animals. While mice are causing Jesper all sorts of mayhem, happily there is cat and squirrel appearances too! I did feel sorry gor all the animals, although they aren't as innocent as they seem as you can find out in their testimonies which is one of many things I enjoy about Jesper's adventures. Sometimes the animal actions and reactions are my favourite part of the book as I can't predict what they will say. 

I can't predict much in Jesper's tales apart from the fact chaos will ensue from page 1. There is a small section devoted to his long suffering (and not always nice) sister who provides yet more insight into the crazy day Jesper lives. I felt sorry for the girls in Jesper's school as they suffer in this latest adventure-while I don't share their particular phobia if it was a different creature involved then I'd be getting hysterical. I wouldnt lock myself in the loo with many other girls-I'd be fleeing the building! because the creature could enter the loo!! (In which case I'd try and climb up into an air vent). Looking forward to the next hilarious Jesper adventure! 

Find out more on the dedicated Jesper Jinx website

Suggested read
 

No comments: