Wednesday 16 August 2017

A Kitten Called Tiger by Holly Webb (Children's, 5 years +, 10E/10E)

 June 2017, Stripes Publishing, 128 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Summary from Little Tiger Press
Ava’s new kitten, Tiger, may be small but he makes up for it with his big personality and sense of adventure. As Tiger gets up to various escapades Ava finds herself coming to the rescue, even having to save the kitten from next-door’s dogs when Tiger climbs over the garden wall. But when the kitten disappears one night Ava has no idea where he could be. Meanwhile, Tiger is stuck up in a tall tree, cold and alone.


Nayu's thoughts
As a Holly fangirl, I expected to love this book, and unsurprisingly I did! I'm a huge cat lover, with a madam of my own, so could relate to the joy Ava had of having Tiger. I haven't had a kitten for a pet since I was little (Belle is a rescue cat and was 1 year old (estimate) when we got her), so it was interesting seeing just how troublesome Tiger is. Cats frequently get where they shouldn't, (Belle is known for getting stuck in the downstairs cupboard or the downstairs loo)  and like Belle Tiger can't seem to get himself out of situations without some human help. 

I was in awe at how brave Ava has to be-I couldn't have done whag she did. I was glad there was adult supervision as the rescue shouldn't be attempted unless you have experience in that kind of thing. Tiger, like my cat Belle, is so cute that I quickly forgave him when he misbehaved, just like Ava and her family do. Ava's fear when he goes missing is clear to see and made my heart skip a few beats. It definitely has a happy ending, and I'm looking forward to Holly's next cute animal themed book!

Find out more on Holly's website.

Suggested read
Check out the rest of Holly's books which are mostly about cats and dogs  including The Pocket Dog by Holly Webb and Sharon Renta (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)

No comments: