Tuesday 25 April 2017

Amelia Moore #6 Mystery on the Bayou by Linda Weaver Clarke (Cozy Mystery, Audiobook, 10E/10E)

Content: mystery, murder, fugitive, mild romance, humour

Book summary
Amelia Moore, the founder of the Moore Detective Agency, specializes in missing persons. With the help of her partner, Rick Bonito, the business is flourishing. 

While at the beach, Amelia is approached by a woman who is concerned about the son she gave up for adoption 16 years ago. Millie has been having nightmares that make her fear he is in danger. She petitioned the court to view the sealed records but was refused. Will Amelia and Rick be able to convince the courts to help them? If her son is in danger, will they get there in time?
 
Nayu's thoughts
While I do get every book in the series from Linda for review, my high rating isn't that biased. This is a really good cozy mystery series which improves with each installment. I love how Amelia and Rick get their new case while technically on honeymoon - it's typical of cases just find Amelia regardless of what she's doing!

She and Rick have very different approaches to getting information from people which is examined closely in this book. I love how a not so simple hunting down an adoptive teen turns into a fugitive from a murder - I never expect the large twists that are part of what makes this series brilliant. I love finding out new things about Amelia and Rick, how skills I didn't know they had are uncovered, how they grow as husband and wife with the romance remaining at a sweet level. 

They make the perfect team, treading carefully when up aginst the actual law and a moral/ethical law in how they deal with the adopted son. Their compassion shows in the decisions they make. I love how Amelia slowly improves her weapons training, even if she is reluctant to use a gun she realises she needs one because of the line of work she is in. I don't want this series to end! However I think there's just 1 left for now which I hope to review soon. 

Find out more on Linda's website

Suggested read
You must read the others in the series (I've reviewed them all...) including #5 Amelia Moore Detective #5 Her Lost Love by Linda Weaver Clarke (Cozy Mystery, 10/10E, audiobook, short 'n' sweet review)



No comments: