Tuesday 11 October 2016

What are YOU reading? #329




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at
Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





READ


Image result for Tigeropolis the grand opening

Tigeropolis: Beyond the Deep Forest & The Grand Opening by R. D. Dikstra and Matt Rowe
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(A super cute tiger community themed read which addresses issues all wildlife face in the modern world...)



Image result for The Railway Children by E. Nesbit and Peter Bailey

The Railway Children by E. Nesbit and Peter Bailey
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A childhood classic tale is reprinted for more to enjoy!)



Image result for Patch and Ruby by Anouska Jones and Gwynneth Jones

Patch and Ruby by Anouska Jones and Gwynneth Jones
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Cute! Cute! CUTE!)  




Image result for Giving Thanks by Ellen Surrey

Giving Thanks by Ellen Surrey
Children's, Picture book, Non-fiction,
10/10E
(A book encouraging you to say thank you to who you know...)
 



Image result for Midnight At the Zoo by Faye Hanson

Midnight At the Zoo by Faye Hanson
Children's, Picture book
8/10E
(Visiting a zoo at night is rather special, as Max and Mia discover.)
 



Image result for The Road Home by Katie Cotton and Sarah Jacoby

The Road Home by Katie Cotton and Sarah Jacoby
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(A realistic yet cute and hopeful story about animals in the wild and their home.)
 



Image result for Sir Dancealot by Timothy Knapman and Keith Robinson

Sir Dancealot by Timothy Knapman and Keith Robinson
Children's, Picture book
8/10E
(A showy tale involving dance and dragons!)



Image result for The Great Big Body Book by Mary Hoffman and Ros Asquith

The Great Big Body Book by Mary Hoffman and Ros Asquith
Children's, Non-fiction
10E/10E
(All the essential info we need about our bodies!)
 



Image result for How To Hide A Lion At School by Helen Stephens

How To Hide A Lion At School by Helen Stephens
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(The short answer is you don't!)




Image result for The Little Pioneer by Adam Hancher

The Little Pioneer by Adam Hancher
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A great introduction to life for those early American settlers like the author of Little House on the Prairie...)
 



Image result for Happy Hooves: Yuk!

Happy Hooves: Yuk! By A. Bogie and Rebecca Elliott
Children's, Picture book
 9/10E
(A fun read about how everyone likes different food...)




Image result for I Am a Clever Cat by Kasia Matyjaszek

I Am a Very Clever Cat by Kasia Matyjaszek
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A must read for cat lovers!)




Image result for A New York Year and A Texas Year by Tania McCartney and Tina Snerling

A New York Year and A Texas Year by Tanya McCartney and Tina Snerling
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
 (A wonderful concept that adds more books to this series!)
 









 LISTENED
 
Image result for Family Tree by Susan Wiggs
Family Tree by Susan Wiggs
Contemporary, Audiobook
9/10E
(Being in a coma for a year affects Annie in many ways, mostly amnesia but her life is rather complex...)
 








WATCHED

Image result for Once Upon A Time: Season 4 emma
Once Upon A Time: Season 4
Fantasy drama, English version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
 (I finished my favourite series of this ace fairy tale themed show: got season 5 so by the time you read this meme I will have started it! Emma's gone bad!!!)




Image result for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Season 2 spike
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Season 2
Anime, English version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Loved when Spike got jealous of Twilight's new owl and went as far to badly stage a murdered mouse!)




Image result for Love Live School Idol Project:  Season 2
Love Live School Idol Project:  Season 2
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Now I've finally finished the rewatch; I can get started with the spin off series which is currently airing in Japan...)




Image result for Prison Break:  Season 1
Prison Break:  Season 1
Thriller drama, English version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Thanks to a free Netflix trial I'm enjoying this prison themed show which feels odd for me to like it as there are few female characters, but there's something compelling about it.)




Image result for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 2
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 2
Anime, English version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I was glad that I'm 'watching' this for a background listen while gaming because the opening 2 part episodes freaks me out too much to be able to watch it properly: chaos happens thanks to evil Disord, and Ponyville gets too freaky for me to watch without having nightmares. I wish I was exaggerating. Thankfully now on other episodes!!! )




Image result for Aikatsu: Season 2 mikuru
Aikatsu: Season 2
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I continually love how happy this show makes me feel! Mikuru finally got her first premium dress and did a solo performance with a super cheerful outfit.)




Image result for The Great British Bake Off
The Great British Bake Off
Coking show, English version
10/10E
(This week involved desserts, so many struggled with mousse since it was a super hot day when they filmed it...








 
CRAFT ETC
This week I've done a bit of crochet (I think) but not enough progress to show you. However, I did make these super yummy chocolate chip cookies!

Image result for chocolate chip cookies

...still not perfectly soft so the hunt for the perfectly soft choc chip cookie continues!

Game wise, it's been minimal playing on Animal Crossing New Leaf because it's event time for the Japanese Love Live School Idol Project! Trying to get these super cute cards, but it means I have to get in the top 2 tiers in order to be able to get the transformed Ruby card (redhead) which I so want! I'm currently high enough in the points to get it, but with 6 days until the event ends anything could happen, so I'm spending all my game time getting my points higher!

I've managed to get a load of high ranked cards this week, but there are too many to post in this meme (I plan on doing a separate post on Love Live SIF very soon).  That's pretty much been my week, hope you have had a good one too !



No comments: