Monday 1 August 2016

What are YOU reading? #322


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



READ

Image result for Drina #5 Drina Dances Again by Jean Estoril

Drina #5 Drina Dances Again by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
REREAD - 10E/10E
(I was in tears at the end because it's such a lovely read!)




Image result for Be A Friend by Salina Yoon

Be A Friend by Salina Yoon
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Every book of Salina's is amazing, and this one is no exception!)




Image result for Puppy Patrol #1 Teacher's Pet by Jenny Dale

Puppy Patrol #1 Teacher's Pet by Jenny Dale
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Borrowed from a friend, this book is full of tense moments and a happy ending!)




Image result for The Deviants by C.J. Skuse

The Deviants by C.J. Skuse
Young Adult
10E/10E
(This will make you cry a lot!)









LISTENED

Image result for Amelia Moore Detective series #4:  The Mysterious Doll by Linda Weaver Clark

Amelia Moore Detective series #4: The Mysterious Doll by Linda Weaver Clarke
Cozy Mystery
10E/10E
(Another superb mystery for Amelia to solve alongside her partner, in all senses of the word Rick...)




Image result for Kauffman Amish Bakery #3:  A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston

Kauffman Amish Bakery #3: A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston
Amish, Christian, Romance
NOT YET FINISHED - RELISTEN - 10E/10E
(The Amish prove that sweet pies help heal hearts! That and actually talking to people directly rather than relying on 2nd hand info.)





Image result for Winx Club Butterflix soundtrack

Winx Club Butterflix soundtrack
English version
RELISTEN -10E/10E
(These songs continually lift me up and make me keep chasing my dreams, especially if I'm not having the best of days...)











WATCHED


Image result for youtube

Various Youtube channels which I plan on chatting about soon.





Image result for aikatsu ichigo and seira

Aikatsu: Season 2
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Ichigo and Seira are having so much fun performing together, even though they are at rival schools...)




Image result for Kilari

Kilari: Season 1
Music Idol anime, French version
10E/10E
(Kilari looks set to lose a massive competition thanks to a model turned singer solely to upstage Kilari...)




Image result for Lady Georgie:  Season 1

Lady Georgie: Season 1
Family Saga anime, French version
10E/10E
(I'm fairly sure I finished this long anime, but what I thought I remembered is only partially correct, though given my deplorable memory that shouldn't be a surprise!)





Image result for Castle:  Season 3

Castle: Season 3
Crime Drama, English version
9/10E
(While frequently gross [dead bodies] with some inappropriate parts, I continue to be fascinated by this humour filled show...)






Image result for winx club season 6 bloomix

Winx Club: Season 6
Magical Girl anime, French version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Flora has got her Bloomix powers! I love how confident she is compared to her shy self in season 1, and her little sister Miele has grown up in all ways!)









CRAFT ETC
This week saw me working a bit more on this blanket...




When I needed a simple distraction I started a new handsewn project which I will chat more about on Nayu's Crochet Dreams...





I am making very slow progress on some colouring books which I'm reviewing...






I tried a vegan muffin recipe using unusual yet common ingredients which I will chat about soon on Nayu's Crochet Dreams. In preparation for seeing my friend, next I baked some 3 minute white chocolate fudge and I baked some chocolate chip cookies (from a packet mix, which was cheaper than buying the ingredients separately and saved me energy by eliminating so many steps which I couldn't have done in time for our meet up!).


Gaming wise I am on Animal Crossing New Leaf a lot for myself and a family member, highlights included that insane day of saving money to buy the adorable crown (at least I think that was this week...).



I got to grips a bit more with Aikatsu 365 Idol Days (trying to only get singing or modeling jobs) and dressed everyone up in opposing types of outfits they usually wear in Aikatsu My No 1 stage (Seeing Yurika and Ran in super cute outfits made me giggle away to myself).





No comments: