Friday 1 July 2016

Ramadan 2016 #2 This blessed month is almost over

Not for much longer!
I honestly had a few Ramadan posts in mind for this year, but life got in the way.  I managed 2 including this one and my first Ramadan post. Well, I guess God wanted me resting which is why I got ill. It sure made me appreciate food, for I can't fast due to health reasons, and while I thought that a slice of toast without butter was heavenly. 

And when I was finally brave enough to have butter, that was truly delicious! 
This sums up how good toast with butter tasted!

I discovered that while I still am not fond of bananas, I like baked banana. I've been asked the recipe, so here you go:  

Take 1 or more bananas. 

Mash them up with a fork (after unpeeling them) 
Got this pic from somewhere online - pretty bowl!
Zap in the microwave for a few seconds - I did 20 second intervals until it was hot enough. If you don't have a microwave I guess baking it would work.

Sprinkle on cinnamon if you like it (it added flavour for me) 
Eat! 
It will look a bit darker than this. Feel free to add other ingredients if you can handle them.

You'd have to look the next piece of info up, but given how good bananas are for poorly tummies I suspect it's a food that is good during suhr, the meal before Muslims start fasting for the day, because it has a lot of nutrients in. 

I wish all those taking part in Ramadan Eid Mubarak! for whenever you celebrate it next week (either Tuesday or Wednesday), and I pray God makes all your prayers come true. To those who don't take part have a good week and enjoy the countless blessings we have in life!
Someone took the anime Azumanga Daioh and dressed up all the characters as Muslims for an Eid picture! They look adorable!!!! Must start rewatching this show soon....

No comments: