Wednesday 11 May 2016

I Love You More and More by Nicky Benson and Jenny Lambert (Children's, Picture book, 10/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 January 2016, Little Tiger Press, 28 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Summary from Little Tiger Press
As a bear leads his cub on a breathtaking journey through sparkling starlit nights, past misty blue mountains and gushing waterfalls, he shows him just how special and loved he is.

Nayu's thoughts  
A nature filled display of a parent's love for their child. There is a great emphasis on nature in the comparisons, which both demonstrate how much the parent loves the child as well as inform the reader about various aspects of nature. I liked the dandelion seed blowing through the book, which seemed to emphasise the continuation of the love. 

The pages are fairly thick and sturdy, which suits the atmosphere of the book. It isn't a board book, but normally picture books have thinner pages which is why I noticed it. While not 100% my style of illustrations the style is fun  look at, with a super cute bear cub who melted my heart from the first time I looked at the cover. 

Time to get sidetrackd - see the striped trees on the cover? They instantly make me think of the trees at my primary school, silver birch trees, which me and my friends sort of peeled off the bark...we were young and not all that nature conscious! It was fun too. My point is it brings back memories of innocence, family fun and love for, which is what this book is about.

No comments: