Monday 7 March 2016

What are YOU reading? #306


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




READ

Image result for Chewy Noh and the March of Death by Tim Learn

Chewy Noh and the March of Death by Tim Learn
Young Adult
8/10E
 (Continuation of an insightful, mystical series...)




Image result for Deeply, Darkly, Beautifully by Megan Tayte
Deeply, Darkly, Beautifully by Megan Tayte
 Young Adult/New Adult
10E/10E
 (A perfect twist filled end to an awesome series!) 




Image result for Julia Jones' Diary #1 My Worst Day Ever by Katrina Kahler

Julia Jones' Diary #1 My Worst Day Ever by Katrina Kahler
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A fun read dealing with a severely mean girl as well as what is sometimes called bad luck...)




Image result for Yearling by Ann Hunter

North Oak, Book 2:  Yearling by Ann Hunter
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Alex's new life has just begun after book 1's drama...)




Image result for Road to the Regalia by Rachael Eliker
Road to the Regalia by Rachael Eliker
Young Adult
9/10E
(Nadia is a few years older than in book 1 and about to enter a major horse event with Winny - yes they do switch bodies again!)










LISTENED


Image result for Love and Devotion by Erica James

Love and Devotion by Erica James
Romance, Contemporary fiction
FINISHED - 9/10E
(It's far from plain sailing taking guardianship of a niece and nephew whose parents have died...)




Image result for The Missing Heir by Linda Weaver Clarke

The Missing Heir by Linda Weaver Clark
Cozy mystery
FINISHED - 10E/10E
(A superb book 3 which reminds me of Nancy Drew's mystery series, not the later versions...)











WATCHED


Image result for aikatsu starlight queen cup

Aikatsu: Season 4
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Only a few more episodes which cover the Starlight Queen Cup that I'm going to wait until they are all out so I can watch them in a mini Aikatsu watching marathon!)




Image result for Winx daphne body

Winx: Season 5
Magical Girl anime, French version
10E/10E
(Finished this series, it was better on the 3rd [or is it 4th?] time of watching: little beats Daphne finally getting a body!)




Image result for Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss

Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss
Magical Girl anime, French version
10E/10E
(Had put off watching this 3rd film as it looked scary [the previous 2 were fairly dark] BUT oddly it was really, really cool and not that dark at all!)




Image result for Thirteen: Episode 1

Thirteen: Episode 1
BBC drama
10E/10E
(A 5 part drama about a girl who escapes from being kidnapped for 13 years when she was 13; there are lots of lies being told so I'm very interested to see what direction this takes...)




Image result for Holby City arthur cancer

Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(At last Arthur faces his cancer scare...)




Image result for Casualty

Casualty
Medical drama
10E/10E
 (Wow, just wow! Brilliant 1st of 2 part episode, which apparently can actually happen in real life!)




Image result for aikatsu peter pan

Aikatsu: Season 3
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH -10E/10E 
(The girls are doing lots of duets – I love Hinkai and Juri in their Peter Pan outfits – and the little flying fairy is so cute!)



Image result for Castle season 3

Castle: Season 3
Crime drama, English version
10/10E
(Alexis was the highlight of this episode for me because she is rat sitting, then loses the rat and creates an incredible system of treats to try and lure it back to its cage [it gets found by the end]...)




Image result for Once Upon A Time: Season 3

Once Upon A Time: Season 3
Fantasy drama, English version
10E/10E
(I'm liking it a lot more now, finding Pan less dark now I know what happens next and Tinker Bell is adorable in the 'before' scenes as she's so optimistic!)










Craft, games and more
I've been busy gaming on the...

Image result for diner dash grilling green

9/10E PlayFirst's Diner Dash Grilling Green – currently on the 2nd restaurant which is Japanese themed.



I'm going from strength to strength in MiniPets...

Image result for mini pets pink poodle

...I've expanded quite a bit so I'm now focusing on leveling everyone up and collecting more animals. Naturally when I needed gems to stop an animal from walking away (not yet sure what breeding a toucan with a macaw produces – trust me it gets weird!!!) I couldn't get enough gems. Thankfully can reattempt it whenever I have enough coins. Still rather fond of my pink poodle.



Craft I've been rather busy despite the weather knocking me back. I'm getting closer to finishing the main part of the blanket and I've managed 2 half sets for my new make up wipes – I'm alternating colours as I work for variety.


While I haven't quite made anything, I did buy a stack of chocolate to get truffle making, ditto condensed milk which will be for both truffles and super soft flapjacks. 

Image result for CHOCOLATE STACK






No comments: