Sunday 8 November 2015

Then You Were Gone by Claire Moss (Thriller, 10E/10E)

July 2015, Carina, Ebook, Review copy from NetGalley

Content: many dramatic moments, if my memory recalls there was both some strong language and adult romance

Book summary
Could you leave the one you love? 

Mack was that guy, the one who had it all. The looks, the charm and that twinking in his clear blue eyes. Yet, after those first few moments of meeting him, Simone just knew he was the one. Four days ago, Mack told Simone he loved her - and then disappeared without a trace. 

Now Simone is forced to question everything she ever knew about Mack - and whether it was all a lie. Deterined to find him before the trail goes cold, she'll do anything to uncover the truth But how do you find someone who doesn't want to be found? 

And what if his secret is best left buried...
 
Nayu's thoughts
This is the first book I've read by Claire and I absolutely loved it! The range of emotions which Simone goes through I'm able to relate to despite not having been in her exact situation. Thriller wise there are constant plot twists and I didn't even try to guess what was going to happen next because I was always gobsmacked by what happened, as well as being completely wrong in my early assumptions. The face pace works well with Simone's thoughts, as do the chapters which are from a different character's viewpoing, adding another dimension to the mystery filled story.

I felt sorry for Simone because at times it seemed like she was betrayed by the lack of truths from Mack. I wanted to know the answers to all her questios just so she could get on with her life, not that it was ever as simple as that. Definitely one to reread!

Suggested read

No comments: