Saturday 15 August 2015

What A Naughty Bird! by Sean Taylor and Dan Widdowson (Children's, Picture book, 10/10E)

1st August 2015, Templar, 32 pages, Hardback, Review copy

Content: lots of poo, humour

Summary from Amazon UK (I don't gain anything by mentioning them, Templar's website is being worked on)
I can splash the middle of a puddle! I can hit the last leaf on a tree! I even splattered a great white shark, when it stuck its head out of the sea. WHAT A NAUGHTY BIRD! In this rhyming romp, a naughty bird flies around the world, splatting on other animals, until he goes a step too far...

Nayu's thoughts 
This bird has the attitude I think all birds have for humans regarding when they poop, although he takes it too far and is horrid to many animals. I guessed that the bird would learn his lesson with the bear, but what happened was unexpected and hilarious. I doubt the bird will poop on others ever again! 

The look of mischief on the bear's face and shock on the bird's face is one I won't forget for a while. I love the colour and style of the illustrations which convey more than words can for the feelings of all injured parties. This is a book to be reread many times, and is perfect if you need a pick me up. 

Find out more on Sean's website and Dan's website

Available at bookstores including NRC affiliate Foyles. 

Suggested read
Another funny read using similar subject matter is The Dinosaur That Pooped the Past by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

No comments: