Sunday 14 June 2015

I Love Dad by Tasha Percy, Natalie Godwin and Zeta Jones (Children's, Non-Fiction, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

May 2015, QED Publishing, 32 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Summary from Amazon (I currently don't benefit by mentioning them)
This endearing book explores father and child relationships between animals, ranging from mischievous monkeys to loud lions.

There are so many reasons to love our Dad – he protects us, plays with us and makes us happy. Animals feel the same way.

Nayu's thoughts
Another book perfect for Father's Day on 21st June is this fact filled animalpedia (yes I made that word up. It might exist but can't be bothered to Google for a correct spelling). I'm not sure what I thought would be inside, but I hadn't expected so many facts about a variety of animals, some I'd never hear of. They are all examples of fathers in the animal kingdom, whose love shines brightly off the page. The photos display each father's unique characteristic, even if a few grossed me out such as children almost living in a mouth – I'm not saying who does that, you can find out for yourself ^o^

No comments: